• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project

David, are you saying that ESS found a major bug in their shipping Si? Or is it a deviation from spec performance? Is there a workaround?
Can the current generation still ship with this chip at reduced performance?
As someone else said, i too belong to an all digital camp and dont mind the ADC :)

Well according to another thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/255145-adc-using-es9102-9112-a-26.html it appears there is a bug in the silicon where the built in biquad IIR filters do not work correctly. This means that it is not possible to implement RIAA eq using the ADC which is handy to have so it can be offloaded from the dsp.

I'm not sure if this is official but the omission of this part from the esstech website is puzzling.

cheers

4-way Stereo Active Crossover

OK Gentlemen (and Ladies)

I have managed to successfully incorporate most of the Audio Weaver framework into my existing operating system code. Still some more integration work to go but I can now put together Audio Weaver Sketches and upload them to the board and run them, as well as use the tuning interfaces to change parameters on the fly which is great for fine tuning speaker crossovers whilst listening to them !

What some of you have been waiting for is a demonstration of a 4-way Stereo Active Crossover using Linkwitz-Riley 4th order filters running at 192KHz on all channels. I achieved this design in 5 minutes of dragging and dropping graphical components without writing one single line of DSP code !! Other types of filter designs/slopes etc are available only limited by your creativity ;)

cheers

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
That is brilliant, well done, you must be feeling quite pleased with yourself.

Can you do an FIR setup? I'd have thought a good real world setup would be.

Sense incoming sample rate and change to correct rate for processing or do sample rate conversion of that isn't possible.

Load FIR global EQ for room correction.

Split signal for 4 way XO

Load FIR curves for each channel (ideally this would be automatically loaded per sample rate)

Extra frills would be to easily allow shelving filters for baffle step or even to allow a variable shelf that varied with level so that the knee of the -3dB point could be lowered giving a lower bass response at normal listening levels but then as the level is adjusted louder by the end user the level of this shelf decreases to avoid excursion problems.

Can any of the parameters you set be then adjusted using your front panel?

This truly is a comprehensive bit of kit you've designed. Can't wait for the GB :)

Oh and I'm still interested in that servo bass design when you get back to that

That is brilliant, well done, you must be feeling quite pleased with yourself.

Can you do an FIR setup? I'd have thought a good real world setup would be.

Sense incoming sample rate and change to correct rate for processing or do sample rate conversion of that isn't possible.

Load FIR global EQ for room correction.

Split signal for 4 way XO

Load FIR curves for each channel (ideally this would be automatically loaded per sample rate)

Extra frills would be to easily allow shelving filters for baffle step or even to allow a variable shelf that varied with level so that the knee of the -3dB point could be lowered giving a lower bass response at normal listening levels but then as the level is adjusted louder by the end user the level of this shelf decreases to avoid excursion problems.

Can any of the parameters you set be then adjusted using your front panel?

This truly is a comprehensive bit of kit you've designed. Can't wait for the GB :)

Oh and I'm still interested in that servo bass design when you get back to that

Baffle step compensation or Linkwitz-Transform for the bass is something that could easily be added to the Audio Weaver sketch. The important point is that you won't have to wait for me to write the dsp code to do it. The choice is entirely up to yourself.

The front panel will be mainly used for switching sources, adjusting master volume, displaying incoming sample rates etc and some diagnostic feedback and status etc. It won't be used for more complex setup such as Audio Weaver setups. However a more comprehensive Windows app will be also available for additional tasks and possibly some parameter tuning and firmware updates etc.

cheers

I don't completely understand what you posted. But it seems like progress and I like it.

Well done!

It's a simple design for a 4 way stereo active crossover. If you don't know how to put it together yourself there will be a whole lot of the designs available that should suit the needs of most applications where you just have to setup the parameters to suit your app and then upload it to the board. The important aspect is that you don't need to know how to write the underlying dsp code to do it because Audioweaver takes care of it for you ;)

cheers

Audio Weaver® End user licens

Can anyone buy a Audio Weaver® licens? I can't find a price only a trial download link.

OK Gentlemen (and Ladies)

I have managed to successfully incorporate most of the Audio Weaver framework into my existing operating system code. Still some more integration work to go but I can now put together Audio Weaver Sketches and upload them to the board and run them, as well as use the tuning interfaces to change parameters on the fly which is great for fine tuning speaker crossovers whilst listening to them !

What some of you have been waiting for is a demonstration of a 4-way Stereo Active Crossover using Linkwitz-Riley 4th order filters running at 192KHz on all channels. I achieved this design in 5 minutes of dragging and dropping graphical components without writing one single line of DSP code !! Other types of filter designs/slopes etc are available only limited by your creativity ;)

cheers

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi Everyone, this is Paul Beckmann from DSP Concepts, the developer of Audio Weaver. The free version of Audio Weaver will be compatible with the SHARC hardware developed by Tranquility Bass. We support a variety of other development boards out-of-the-box but few have the high quality audio I/O that this board provides.

The free version allows you to design your signal chain, listen and tune in real-time, and then store in flash memory. It is particularly good at loudspeaker processing. We have a variety of IIR filters and also support for long FIR filters.

This is freaking amazing! Brilliant move relying on expert software, a match made in heaven. Software is the long pole and has been the Achilles heel of these type of projects - just look at the hypex dsp! This project just became a whole lot more realistic and interesting with this milestone!
BTW there are some very good audio weaver tutorials from dsp concepts on YouTube

Many credits to you for bringing this concept to reality! I will place myself in the crowd of future customers and eagerly wait for the pcbs to become ready.

Have you thought about delivery/shipping of the packages to Europe? Will there be any proxy to get rid of the end country customs?

Have you thought about delivery/shipping of the packages to Europe? Will there be any proxy to get rid of the end country customs?

There's always customs and VAT, and it's paid by the importer. So if you import yourself you see it directly; if someone else does the importing for you then they pay the duties and pass it on to you in a bundled price. Either way, it's there.