HDD players with built in PCM1794 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fred:

for the pricing, I don't know much about that. but the price posting on HIFIDIY is RMB1380.

I don't think they will accept palpay cause I know in China, no off shore account could be applied by any individual without foreign passport. and paypal could not transfer money to on shore account in China.( t/t takes money for service charge)

you could check: www.alipay.com, but think you could not apply that account cause u don't have a Chinese domestic on shore account. I'll try to get more detail and let you guys know.

any other things, let me know.

Zoran said:
For me is important:
1. that Wav file transfwering to I2S as is,
without changing or modifying.
2. user friendly browsing, english lang. (not something coplicated...)
3. kit in modular form, soldered small ICs and small Parts...
4. easy and clear ordering english lang. pref.

Why the problem with upsampling? If the player does not do that, probably the DAC will do it for you anyway? You do not have the time to upsample all of the wave files on the PC so the second best option will be to have the HDD player do it for you? Plus the upsampling function is defeatable.

English messages can be easily done. It's a minor tweak for those Chinese guys, I believe.

I think the HDD player has redefined the concept of NOS. With the access to hi-rez materials, NOS can be either 16/44, 24/96, or 24/192. A NOS 1541 DAC will not be able to handle native 24/96 and 24/192 data. I2S bus can handle above all, the only limit is on the receiver side, i.e. whether the DAC can handle the hi-rez data.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.