• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM4780 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my thoughts exactly on cooling that chip seeing how i have two of those heatsinks. im going to add fans 80x80x25mm (40cfm 12vDC) @6v should give about 20 cfm and be really quite too.

edit:

@motion

that heatsink mayget warm but not sure how hot. dont know how to make out the c/w with out a fan but @ overclockers.com its rated at .45 c/w that is an older ver. of it though, in there tests. Its a P4 heatsink that comes with cpu's as fast as 2.8ghz. The fan is around 30cfm if i remember correctly.

m0tion said:
damn THAT heatsink gets hot? do you have more than one chip attached to it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a Leach Superamp in your webpics as well is it not? Very nice pcb, where did you get it?

There are two albums at this site. One is my Leach Super Amp and the other is LM4780 GainClone (BrianGT LM4780 kit).

My LM4780 GainClone get to 69 degree C after it ran for an hour. This is hot! I need to use a lager heatsink. :D

I have several extra Leach Super Amp PCBs. Email me if you interest.

PCB Files

Hey Brian, Peter D.,

Is it possible for you to provide the Gerber files or PCB schematic for the LM4780 board.

I like making my own PCB's however I need the proper 1:1 scale when transfering the design to the copper board.

Also, can you indicate which software you used for designing those PCB's?

Thanks.

Whatever...

So you release a pdf of a 1:1 scale of the schematic, however you wont release the software version?

Why? Its not a top secret NASA project. We know what the circuit looks like, what the schematic looks like, by releasing the Gerber files you will save me a couple of hours of actually going to Protel and replicating the PCB.

That's all.

By the way, can you at least tell me where can I find a SPICE model for the LM4780? Or which footprint you used to create the pinouts?

Re: Whatever...

D_GR8_1 said:
Why? Its not a top secret NASA project. We know what the circuit looks like, what the schematic looks like, by releasing the Gerber files you will save me a couple of hours of actually going to Protel and replicating the PCB.
I'll guess you have to sacrifice those hours it takes for this "simple" layout.

Sometimes (often) people don't realize how much time it takes for a layout. You don't really see problems when they are solved, not matter how complicated or simple the layout was.

I wouldn't have a problem with releasing Gerber files, if this was completely diy effort. However, the board is actually a commercial product of chipamp.com and releasing such files negates the commercial nature of the product. This should be pretty obvious.

If you have any experience with Protel, or any other PCB software, coming up with a similar layout shouldn't present a problem, especially when pictures of the layout were posted and PDF files are available. Even if you have to spend couple hours doing that, it's still nothing compared to countless hours Brian and me dedicated to optimize that layout.

Please contact Brian directly for LM4780 pinout, as he was developing all the footprints.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Peter Daniel said:
I wouldn't have a problem with releasing Gerber files, if this was completely diy effort. However, the board is actually a commercial product of chipamp.com and releasing such files negates the commercial nature of the product. This should be pretty obvious.

If you have any experience with Protel, or any other PCB software, coming up with a similar layout shouldn't present a problem, especially when pictures of the layout were posted and PDF files are available. Even if you have to spend couple hours doing that, it's still nothing compared to countless hours Brian and me dedicated to optimize that layout.

Please contact Brian directly for LM4780 pinout, as he was developing all the footprints.

I agree with this post. I am willing to share the footprint libraries that I made for this project for the LM4780 if you need them, but don't feel that I can provide the full layout. Drop me an e-mail.

--
Brian

We never really came to any final conclusion with regards to that.

There are two choices, I see at the moment. One can use two aluminum oxide pads (TO-247 package), but wen you put them side by side (as that's required to match chip surface) the hole spacing is more than on a chip, so additional press bar on top of the chip is required (with two screws).

Another option are the insulated sheets, that had to be cut to size and holes made (as Upopa suggested with a nail ;)). If somebody, who ordered kits from me, has a problem with sourcing those, drop me an email and I'll send you this insulator material.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.