• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM4780 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
cdoggy81 said:
Good one Brian :) How does it sound BTW?

What will you be bringing to ATL DIY this year?
Still not 100% if I'm going or not... My girl gets 4 wisdom teeth out that Thursday so depending on how she feels Friday night I may or may not make it :(

Chris,

I will finish it and bring it with me.

If you make the trip this year, try not to get arrested for excessive speeding again. ;)

--
Brian

Thanks Brian.... funny you should mention.....
I was making a left hand turn Friday (the 22nd) on to 7th street. Got in the turn lane just before 6th street, drove past it & made my turn on 7th. Got pulled over & given a ticket for $118 for not turning on to 6th street B/C I drove in the center lane. I CAN'T GET A BREAK!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:smash: $118 :smash:

Joined 2002
Peter Daniel said:

I made those pictures to have a proof that I'm actually doing something about those boards;)

I read somwhere that Florida drives are the worst in America.

Florida drivers do suck, as they are mostly old people who shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Georgia drivers are ok. While they tend to drive rather fast, they are usually courteous.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
DWong said:
Brain and Peter,

Good to see that the kits are ready. When will you send out the kits for international orders?

Dennis

I am shipping out the US orders now, and I shipped all the parts for the international orders up to Peter last week, and they should arrive by the end of this week, meaning that the international orders should start shipping out at the end of this week, or early next week, depending on the shipment.

--
Brian

2 X trouble

m0tion,
With 70 VCT you would provide about +/- 50 V to the chips. This, we are told by the app. note would lead to serious heat problems.

Each Lm4780 is about equal to 2 Lm3886. We have seen that an LM3886 needs a minimum of 80 VA, and more is better. So, 6 LM4780 should have at least 960 VA...and more is better.

I'm sure Brian is coming up with something. In a meantime you can use this schematic from National's site.

Attachments

• 4780.jpg
    4780.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 974
I never built an amp using all Rikens. I don't think it will work well. I tried Rikens at feedback position, but to me, Caddocks works the best there.

Today I replaced Dales (in gain seting position) in my ML preamp with Rikens and they didn't even last an hour there. I switched back to Dales as they sound better there.

Everything is circuit dependant and only you can tell what sounds best for you . ;)

Holcos are OK, but not the best. They don't posses the clarity of Rikens and Caddocks and can sound a bit veiled/mellow. However they are usually better than Dales, for instance.

There is no simple answer which is really better, for as my previous post shows, everything is circuit (and system) dependant.

Whenever I build more complicated circuits, with more resistors, Holcos are my first choice because of the relatively low price.

My first GC had Holcos at feedback location, and it sounded fine.... untill I tried Caddocks ;)

Good carbon resistors might work well here, but I still didn't find the right ones.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.