Goodmans Dimension 8 Speakers.

I don't know whats changed but now the pics behave exactly as you describe (scratches head).

Anyhow looking very good. I still reckon they have a whiff of DCM Time Windows about them. Strange that Goodmans made such an "out there" design in the early seventies when their designs are usually very conservative. Must have been a rogue engineer in the ranks.

That,s a good thing by the way.

PfiiKid.jpg

cqrjcjZ.jpg

Just showing most of the parts (less crossover and rear speaker cover) that make up the original design, obviously as you have seen one of the speakers will have all the mods to it where this one will keep as original as possible to compare the sound differences if any.

It's always nice to see it all laid out.

Last edited:
I was actually thinking about you Dave and Planet10 while doing this project, I have been really delving into the history of Goodmans and researching some of there popular and best known drivers. What's your thoughts on Goodmans back in the day?

They built some really lovely drivers, thinking of sourcing a nice pair of vintage full range units and building some nice enclosures for them. Hoping this is something you could help with?

Thanks for following the thread!

That's probably what will happen with these speakers Galu, over the course of many years they will be subjected to different enclosure designs and maybe some two or three way system designs.

I would actually think an onken style or perhaps a horn type enclosure would suit these.

But to make life easy I could easily make a ported bass reflex enclosure of some form. Will probably consult planet10 for help

Last edited: