Goldmund Wiki and build 2017

If you're making a clone then that's a reason to have all those pins and sockets and a separate module.

But if the aim is to make the best possible sound quality then the shortest copper track and least brass (pins) and least possible solder joints, etc, in the signal path makes an audible improvement.

I've done it many times over the last two decades, reducing the signal path for sonic improvement.

Just missing out 10mm of thin track and two solder joints has been audible. Simply taking a feedback resistor off a circuit board, where is may be near to an op-amp, and soldering it direct to the op-amp pins under the board usually gives an audible improvement. Assuming the system and environment (free from extraneous noise) is sufficiently revealing. :)

Thank you, sir. Valuable suggestions.
I have an idea: make everything possible. That is, the user can use a interchangeable module, or--- directly solder parts on board!

The layouts are the same, whether on the main board or a module PCB.
Let user decides! I can do this technically.

So, if the user wants the shortest path, solder parts on main board, leaving the socket alone.

If the user, like me, wants to try different module for sonic tastes, then just solder the DIP-24 socket, and make some module boards!

Will they be complete boards or just the board to make the IPS neat? I would be interested in purchasing some as I have all the parts in my closet as is.

That's all possible, I haven't decided yet. 2N5564 is hard to get, and I don't have stock. (well, I just have 2 2N5564 for the future program.).

Empty PCBs are available, surely. I've made 10 boards, and gonna send 4 to the US, so 6 remained.

Hi all,

Finally, the module PCB arrived. Very tiny.

Attachments

• QQ??20170509100408.jpg
    QQ??20170509100408.jpg
    798.5 KB · Views: 1,153

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
My question was not addressed to you, if you look again, but to fab. He used the term "clown" to refer to his clone version.

I asked him where he got his SK170s.
Hi Calmart
Yes my version is a clown since not a real clone of the Goldmund...
I had a bunch of 2Sk170bl for years. I had bought some from Erno Borbely while he had a web store. I also bought them from Ampslab. More recently from liubincalvin on this forum.
For the matching, it is better to buy them already matched if you can otherwise you need to be lucky....I had about 40 of them so thus I was able to make several matched pairs...
What is even more difficult is to get a specific IDSS tight range and matched at the same time.

Fab

My sincere apologies, sir.

Apology accepted. And I would never make fun of a fellow diyer project, as I know we should be legitimately proud of our work and effort.

For the matching, it is better to buy them already matched if you can otherwise you need to be lucky....I had about 40 of them so thus I was able to make several matched pairs...
What is even more difficult is to get a specific IDSS tight range and matched at the same time.

Most of the times matched pairs for sale are excessively expensive, close to an encapsulated LSK dual.

What about buying 100 2SK170 and trying to find two matched pairs among them? Does that improve luck?

Apology accepted. And I would never make fun of a fellow diyer project, as I know we should be legitimately proud of our work and effort.

Most of the times matched pairs for sale are excessively expensive, close to an encapsulated LSK dual.

What about buying 100 2SK170 and trying to find two matched pairs among them? Does that improve luck?
I bought LSK170 in three grades A, B & C 200off each.
I got very few that were not matched.
Most were better than 5% over the range from 100% of Idss down to 25% of Idss.
Many were 2%, or better over that range
And there were quite a few at 1% and some even at 0.5%

This is NOT Idss selection, This is slope matching over a large range of Id.
And it took hundreds of hours to find the matches of those 600 devices.

Hi all,

Recently I noticed a product called STA200 by Nuprime.

It uses Goldmund's topology, 80W+80W.
The inner looks just like Telos 390.5 or Job 225!

The IPS uses LSK389, SOIC-8. Output transistors are 2 pairs of EXICON MOSFET, TO-247.

Attachments

• JOB225.jpg
    JOB225.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,350
  • 150523024852985737.jpg
    150523024852985737.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 1,272
  • CD6A4045.jpg
    CD6A4045.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 1,208
Last edited:
Eric: The Goldmund input boards you sent me are finally done and working perfectly. I
was able to find the correct parts online and the Goldmund Mimesis 3 is working again.
Thank You for your help and patience.

To all Diyaudio members, Eric is the man to contact if you need to fix your broken
Goldmund Amp and need the input boards to do it.

Richard Kern

Eric: The Goldmund input boards you sent me are finally done and working perfectly. I
was able to find the correct parts online and the Goldmund Mimesis 3 is working again.
Thank You for your help and patience.

To all Diyaudio members, Eric is the man to contact if you need to fix your broken
Goldmund Amp and need the input boards to do it.

Richard Kern

Thank you Richard. I've also finished my own modules. Looks great. ;)

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 549
  • A11.jpg
    A11.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 411