Global Warming/Climate Change hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that the rock under the ground is like memory metal and the high bits got pushed down by the weight of ice during the last ice age and it is slowly "forgetting" and the bits that had ice on them are rising over a long period of time and the low bits with modern hard concrete cities on them are sinking by the same amount. This is indeed becoming a problem for obvious reasons.

Sea levels are rising globally, not just where humans have poured concrete.

ocean islands that are threatened by rising sea levels - Google Search

Mike

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hmm..near as I can find, it's a mile from the ocean. And, 500 feet above sea level. But that information is...."an inconvenient truth"..

jn

You are checking facts? You creep ;-)

But what shines through the pages here is the incredible shortsightedness of us humans. 'Bought a beachfront property' why not? We're talking about effects that take many decades, not something that is around the corner.

My country, The Netherlands, is perhaps more accustomed to long-term thinking in this area. We just set up a 50 year plan to increase our protection against rising sea levels. Don't want to be caught with our pants on the ankles.

It is expensive, but we make a lot of money by offering similar protection projects to, ohh, New Orleans, New York, some regularly-flooded country in the Far East, a few others.

How Dutch engineers are protecting coastal cities from rising seas - Business Insider

Jan

Last edited:
Didn't you bother to read this thread from the beginning? If not, I suggest you do. Many sources have been referenced.

That's not the point. You just can't drop graphs and walls of text without referencing their origin.

I've read some sources you've referenced. Sorry, but I've yet to find one I'm willing to trust. I've little appetite for conspiracy theories and broad claims that all government agencies aren't to be trusted.

Taking Bob Tisdale you seem to quote quite often, you might want to read this: Bob Tisdale tries to hide the massive warming | HotWhopper or this: Bob Tisdale's trick of hiding the data, revisited | HotWhopper

Global warming movement isn't?
Considering it's a fairly non-controversial, cross party issues in most countries in the world, no, I wouldn't say it's a political position.

That's not the point. You just can't drop graphs and walls of text without referencing their origin.

I've read some sources you've referenced. Sorry, but I've yet to find one I'm willing to trust. I've little appetite for conspiracy theories and broad claims that all government agencies aren't to be trusted.

Taking Bob Tisdale you seem to quote quite often, you might want to read this: Bob Tisdale tries to hide the massive warming | HotWhopper or this: Bob Tisdale's trick of hiding the data, revisited | HotWhopper
You asked for source when I posted about the global warming predictions popped up 12- 16 years ago (some are older) turned out to be false. Sources have been cited numerous times on this thread from the beginning, literally. Read again if you haven't seen them.

Take a look at all the unaltered temperature measurements spanning to "mini ice age" or before and you will learn that the hockey stick graph is wrong. Take a look at all the unaltered temperature records compared to CO2 records, their shapes don't agree with what the global warming alarmists have been inciting.

Considering it's a fairly non-controversial, cross party issues in most countries in the world, no, I wouldn't say it's a political position.
Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.