• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: SDTrans384 - A micro SD card digital transport

SDTrans connection to AYA DAC

Hi there all,All well i hope,, whilst waiting to find class 4 SD cards i now have in my procession a New AYA DAC and a new SDTrans 384 (firmware 3.16)
So what the best way to join them up in 12s mode?- I seen Sumotans picky, but its not to clear to me (wires crosses) and my PCB is differently laid out to his.

I have the BNC/SPDIF option fitted so when the input relays are energized it seen SPDIF (tested it , it works very well)- with relays (KR301/KR302)
de-energized, Ufl inputs J304/J305/J305/J307 are available for 12s input from the SDTrans.

On the AYA DAC Inputs available are:
j304= Data Left
J304= Data Right
J305= Bck
J307= LE/WS

On the SD TRANS when configured for 12s O/P the 8 pin header is labeled:
1= Lck 2=gnd 3 SDAT 4 Gnd 5=DCLK 6=Gan 7=MCLK 8=Gnd

I have an idea what to connect (but every one uses slightly different designations)...so can anyone be kind enough to advise me as exactly what to connect from the 8 pin header on the SDTrans to the AYA DAC inputs?
(I ask as i only want to connect the UFL once)

Thank you gents

Regards

Johnny
(I also have Ian Canada's PCM/12S PCB also, I assume that could be coaxed to work if Sim mode invoked on the AYA DAC??)...but first thing first eh!!

Just for you Johnny

Attachments

• F3DC5B44-92F9-417E-9CB5-E58121393810.jpg
    F3DC5B44-92F9-417E-9CB5-E58121393810.jpg
    913.9 KB · Views: 267
  • CEF720A0-F611-424C-8D16-37B2BDB43559.jpg
    CEF720A0-F611-424C-8D16-37B2BDB43559.jpg
    865.6 KB · Views: 252
There is a resistor that needs to be removed to get it working buy since
you mentioned that your Aya ds is different then pls check with Pedja.
Do note once you head this way you no longer can use the USB port ya.
Notsure if Pedja has made easier to retain the USB for your AyA

Cheers

Thank you Sumotan

Hi Again Sumotan,

Thanks for the reply, I am a bit confused by the photo showing the Molex connector CN8 connector-- its seems that LRCK/Ground seems to overlap to empty space? or is it me??

I think it would be:SD Trans CN8 LRCK to AYA LE/WS
CN8 SDAT to AYA DL/DATA IN
CN8 DCLK to AYA BCK IN

Cant try now (at work) but i think that would to it:D
Thanks to Sumotan for helping me!..ill read up about the resistor, but as i have no USB option fitted it may be OK as is in my case?

regards

John

I recently got an email from Tachyon that a new batch of SDTrans384 will soon be available? Anyone else get that and have gotten pricing for the run too?

TIA!

Greg in Mississippi

Hello Greg,

it's a good new. I discovered a few weeks ago the existence of this SD card reader by reading the very interesting discussions on this forum and TirnaHifi forum.
And I was just wondering how it was possible to order a card. Is it possible to have just the player or is there any new card with an associated dac?

Best regards,

Thierry

Good news indeed. I'll be selling mine here soon. I had it listed and the buyer backed out. I started listening again and got hooked all over and couldn't get rid of it. Like the siren. I'm going to box it up first this time so I can't change my mind;) Realizing I just can't do the SD cards.

Good news indeed. I'll be selling mine here soon. I had it listed and the buyer backed out. I started listening again and got hooked all over and couldn't get rid of it. Like the siren. I'm going to box it up first this time so I can't change my mind;) Realizing I just can't do the SD cards.

Hi Microzyma,
I'm interessed, what color is LCD screen on your SDTrans384 ?
Thanks,
Thierry