• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for TPA3116/8 PBTL bare pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see that you also got the Samsung OEM SMPS power supply, have you use it yet? How you like it? I think this is one of the best SMPS I seen so far and I have been using it to power my 3116 amp too.
Yes, i got 3 pieces of the psu and I liked it a lot, very strong bass and a lot of detail, is the same as my lt1083 linear psu, I think, never compared them.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• grinder.png
    grinder.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Some people have used this stuff:

J-B Weld | Original Cold Weld Formula Steel Reinforced Epoxy

I haven't for heat sinks but it really is a great product and I would use it if I needed to use it for heat sinks.

I'm far from an expert, but the FAQ for J-B Weld says it's not electrically conductive. Not sure what that means for thermal conductivity, but for adhering a heatsink to an IC, you want something that is very thermally conductive (to get the heat away from the IC and to the sink as quickly as possible).

I recently bought some of this: Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive. I am familiar with this company from working with their product that is designed to mate CPUs to heatsinks ("Arctic Silver"). The latter compound is not a permanent adhesive, though, as CPU heatsinks have mechanical mounting mechanisms. The "Alumina" product I linked is a true adhesive, however, it's both a 2-part epoxy-type product and thermal compound.

There are other thermal adhesive compounds of course, that's just the one I've happened to use. I used it to glue a heatsink to the TPA3116 IC on a Ybdz "Wiener" board.

Any good recommendations on some type of thermal "glue" to adhere a heatsink to the chip? I have some sinks but they would not utilize mounting holes.

I have used the $1 tube stuff on Ebay, it certainly fastens the sink well with a very thin layer of adhesive. No idea of the heat conductivity as the 3116 puts out very little heat.

For the DUG board I glued the sink to an aluminium bar that was drilled and bolted to the board/chip - easily removed.

Last edited:
I'm interested in a DIY board like this but stereo BTL, I have no need for PBTL because I will be driving 8 ohm speakers.

Is there any chance that you will make a stereo BTL spinoff?

First: most people are using these for an 8R speaker alone...the options for most of the parts are its' features.

I have four stereo BTL boards coming next week...one is spoken for...a kit for that one is also requested.

Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.