• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for TPA3116/8 PBTL bare pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of my fellow DIYers has observed that there is three solder bridges on the IC's that have been installed on the boards that I have supplied.

See .jpg

There are actually four places that a solder bridge can take place and not be a bad thing.

See also post 171 on page 18. You can see 3 of them in the right photo.

This is why I have tested all of the IC installed boards with a test setup that runs music through to a speaker through both inverting and non-inverting inputs. (Test setup in post 203 on page 21)

:)

Doug

Attachments

• TPA311x-PBTL-G.JPG
    TPA311x-PBTL-G.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
I placed a digikey order a few days ago and the entire updated BOM was in stock. Ordered the inductors directly from CoilCraft. What parts are not available?

BK

Hi BK,

I assumed based on Doug's post. Will start the order tomorrow and come back if I am missing / unable to get any parts.

Are folks using transformer input. If yes, what are some of the ones that folks have tried. From the long thread I remember edcor and cinemeg (sp?). Any other to explore. I am going to have to take a look at the TI spec to see what I would need to do support 16ohm speakers.

Well, you could try something like these for a little bit of dissipation:

Thermal - Heat Sinks | Fans, Thermal Management | DigiKey

I used a large band saw to slice a computer heatsink.

Some have not used a heat sink, some have soldered some copper pipe to the top. (adventurous)

Doug

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0765.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0765.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 363
  • Copy of IMG_0768.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0768.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 371
  • Copy of IMG_0769.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0769.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 354
Single board $8
IC $7
installation/test of IC $7
Kit $25
installation/test of kit $18

Kits sold in pairs

Boards can be single or a "pair" that has a common GND.

Plus shipping.

All in $CDN

I have lots of boards and IC's and a few kits left.

Let me know what you would like and send your e-mail for paypal invoice in a PM.

:)

A tested full working ampboard, tricky, especially one designed by yourself and not entirely acording to TI instructions.

(As a buyer I can expect an audio amplifier to work 10 years, isn't that true? Better put money on deposit, you'll need to make some refunds when asked for it, god forbid it breaks down and causes damages and TI says it is caused by deviating from datasheet).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.