GainWire Mk3 CFA pre/phone amp with very low distortion

GainWire can be used in balanced operation from the balanced input to the balanced output, if two boards are used, or in unbalanced operation but in this case output is unbalanced too.
To have unbalanced input and balanced output there is need for an inverting buffer to be put in front of one input of the balanced input configuration.
I haven't seen a discrete inverting buffer with very low THD, and here is my attempt. A non inverting buffer is simple, but to my surprise an inverting is har to make simple.
I would like to hear from you your comments and suggestion.
Damir

Attachments

• GainWire inverting buffer.jpg
    GainWire inverting buffer.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 549
GainWire can be used in balanced operation from the balanced input to the balanced output, if two boards are used, or in unbalanced operation but in this case output is unbalanced too.
To have unbalanced input and balanced output there is need for an inverting buffer to be put in front of one input of the balanced input configuration.
I haven't seen a discrete inverting buffer with very low THD, and here is my attempt. A non inverting buffer is simple, but to my surprise an inverting is har to make simple.
I would like to hear from you your comments and suggestion.
Damir

This is simulation with real CCS. I would like to have a bit lower THD, at least in simulation.
Any suggestion and comments are very welcome.

Attachments

• GainWire inverting buffer-realCCS-schFFT.jpg
    GainWire inverting buffer-realCCS-schFFT.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 485
Hi Damir.Look C2 and R20.Not connected to AC terminals.It's not a big mistake ...

OK, I missed that, even after listening test. This RC is not connected between AC terminals and not in function, my mistake, but not so big :D, pity nobody noticed it before I order the PCBs. It easy to rectified it and I will show how when I do it on my boards. That RC parallel to transformer secondars and if fast soft recovery diodes are used is not even needed. I don't think that is possible to distinguish if not used as a shunt regulator is used.

Your CFA and Your Preamp is HIGH-END.Sound is perfect!!!!!!Many details...Best pream a amp.Thank you for everything.

DC offset < 1mv

Radoslav, you are the first one to finish both CF amp and GW mk3. I am very glad you like both.
Tell me do you have any problem with to hot heat sinks in GW mk3, particularly in the shunt regulators. You use quite sort heat sinks.
Now you have to invest in good volume regulator, stepped or relays type perhaps.