Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Are you able to say why you decided not to?

Yes. I told you I was so impressed at the demo that I ordered one right there and then. Actually Bruno told me he was mighty surprised that a hard-core diy-er like me all of a sudden ordered a build product, and I was surprised myself too!
But then it dragged on, backlogged all the time and my original enthusiasm became more and more fuzzy and I realized that I really AM a diy-er, and that I could do so many interesting other things with the money, so I cancelled. Bruno understood.

I still think the product is a steal, some of the best, if not the best, audio reproduction I personally have ever heard, and a type of product that points the way to future similar products.
But buying a build box just to plug in isn't my thing I guess :eek:

Jan

Joined 2014
Paid Member
But then it dragged on, backlogged all the time and my original enthusiasm became more and more fuzzy and I realized that I really AM a diy-er, and that I could do so many interesting other things with the money, so I cancelled. Bruno understood.

Jan

Fairy nuff, makes total sense. I am awaiting time to find out if I actually can build speakers at all.! Based on the stereophile coverage at the last show I suspect Kii's biggest problem will be ramping production for quite some time to come!

Joined 2014
Paid Member
"Bear in mind in blind tests violinists can't tell a strad from a cheapo!"
NONE of these tests were conducted with any "cheapo" violins---!

In the rarified world of top soloists, where these days they are lent guitars by wealthy investors, having a mere 5-figure instrument could be seen as ' cheap' a sign they were not top flight. You hear them every night on the radio, waxing lyrical about the instrument and how wonderful it is and how it talks to them. All part of the mystique that is needed these days. And has been the case for 40 years now, but back then the musicians themselves could afford them.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Fairy nuff, makes total sense. I am awaiting time to find out if I actually can build speakers at all.! Based on the stereophile coverage at the last show I suspect Kii's biggest problem will be ramping production for quite some time to come!

Yes that's the ONLY problem they have. Sold the projected first year sales in the first 6 weeks. A dream turned nightmare I guess.

From the review of the Audio Quest "Noise Dissipation System":
For instance, at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show, the loquacious Powell demonstrated to a group of mostly veteran audio critics that ground wires are directional. He played a recording of a trumpet piece, then reversed the green ground wire and played the file again. We didn't use an A/B/X box to go backandforthandbackandforthandbackandforth in order to remove "confusion": The difference was easily audible to everyone.

WHAT a CROCK of SH****!!!!

The Brain's Music Room | AudioStream

Either the author is daft or is highly skilled at extracting key soundbites and completely misinterpreting them in order to keep his loyal acolytes happy. Almost Poe's law in action...

The author is a complete closed minded ignorant fool who only listen to his own voice and those that don't disagree with him, another high end audio puppet who would lavish praise on a turd if told it would improve the sound quality of his system...
:)

For instance, at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show, the loquacious Powell demonstrated to a group of mostly veteran audio critics that ground wires are directional. He played a recording of a trumpet piece, then reversed the green ground wire and played the file again. We didn't use an A/B/X box to go backandforthandbackandforthandbackandforth in order to remove "confusion": The difference was easily audible to everyone.

But the differences were easily audible...

What green wire, the 6" jumper in the work box? Reversing only the safety ground, but it doesn't carry the current. These guys are not too sharp.:rolleyes: But then they are audio critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.