Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done a long discourse on this device you may find interesting.... This is one area (noise) where I do know what I am doing (in fact I am working on EMC problems with a layout for a ECU for military vehicles). It amazes me how gushing people can be about a sub standard component and how many magical properties it has, such as when plugged into a spare USB port it attracts the packet switching noise... A new discovery by audiophiles and the next demon to be combatted by silly unnecessary add-ons...
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/278547-quick-audioquest-jitterbug-review.html#post4422693

A quick question if Bits aint Bits wot are they? Because most areas of digital electronics do consider bits to be bits apart from audio.... I wonder why, why is streaming a few MBits hard for audio when in some sectors they are streaming GBits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway you'll all have peace for a few days, operation tomorrow so the subjective can have a few days off from my bitter twisted unbelieving in magic ranting's.....

In some places in digital audio the exact timing of the bits matters. Ignorant or unscrupulous people can exploit this by claiming that timing matters everywhere. Just as modern people expect to take a pill to banish every disease they have, so they expect to be able to plug in a gizmo to cure all their (imagined) audio ills. Capitalism ensures that they can buy such an item. This is not a comment on any particular item recently mentioned in this thread, as I have not bothered to investigate them.

Thanks, I've known for a few weeks now, but as the day gets nearer its starting to stress me. I hate operations and as said I am scared, but have to keep it together for the wife and kids as they rely on me as the man of the house and their provider etc. a bit old fashioned maybe but that's how I see a Papas role:)
Made the mistake of watching the video stream when I had my cystoscopy, and knowing some human biology new that what I saw was not good, a point confirmed a few seconds later by my doctor... nightmarish visions since then.
Hopefully I'll be back on line Saturday evening.....

I give up....
By the way in the opening scene of the video I am sure the system looks like some alien crab about to digest an audiophile... that would be a bitter pill to swallow:)
It is pointless to comment or try and provide any sensible comments or views. With the jitterbug I pointed out problems with the layout and noise coupling, I might as well shaved my **** and walked round on my hands... If you are not some audiophile guru it seems that whatever you experience is, it does not count, got one person just arguing silly points on the jitterbug thread, including measuring noise on USB ports 9we even put a USB port and an 'audio in' one the AN-VIC5 so the soldiers could have tunes when they were driving long distance and surprise, surprise we measured the noise on the ports with different cables and a likely collection of portable music devices:) but the usual comment comes up as illustrated below with the comment.
Not joking at all: if you don't know what to measure and where and how and how it correlates to SQ, then you start calling things 'voodoo' or 'magic' because you can't comprehend it. Re-read the thread and see who used these terms here.
I am guilty of using the terms voodoo and magic, but I also provided quite a bit of technical content including a example layout to illustrate my point, this seems to have been ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.