Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

soundbrigade , will send you MLTL box sketch as soon I'm done with it

according to my experience - that type of box is usually better than BR for similar speaks ...... and due to lower cone amplitude for same SPL (vs. BR) , mids are also cleaner ...... Doppler etc.

buzz me in a month or so if you wish .....

I would love to know what the drives cost. I went to their site but they don’t list the price of their drivers. I also wonder what sizes the have in full range.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
SFR is full range series for horn loading

SWR is full range series for BR loading

list of pdfs for all types is on their page

last price list I have is :

PRODUCTS PRICE LIST 2017 ( EU orszá g)
SFR series fullrange design for back loaded horn application.
SFR 145-8/Ferrit (145 mm) 200,-€/PAIR
SFR 145-8/ALNiCo 220,-€/PAIR
SFR 175-8/F 216,-€/PAIR
SFR 175-8/A 256,-€/PAIR
SFR 200-8/F 306,-€/PAIR
SFR 200-8/A 346,-€/PAIR
SWR series widerange design for bassreflex application.
SWR 145-8/A 220,-€/PAIR
SWR 175-8/F 216,-€/PAIR
SWR 175-8/A 256,-€/PAIR
SWR 200-8/F 296,-€/PAIR
SWR 200-8/A 336,-€/PAIR
SWR 250-8/F 354,-€/PAIR
SWR 250-8/A 400,-€/PAIR
SWR 250-8/A 430,-€/PAIR NEW! Larger magnets
SWR 300-8/F 370,-€/PAIR
SWR 300-8/A 450,-€/PAIR NEW! Larger magnet
SWR 096/A Ellipsis speakers 410,-€/PAIR NEW’
SCW series papír cone bass-and-middle range driver for bass-reflex application.
SCW 145-8/F 170,-€/PAIR
SCW 175-8/F 175,-€/PAIR
SCW 175-8/A 250,-€/PAIR
SCW 200-8/F 180,-€/PAIR
SCW 200-8/A 270,-€/PAIR NEW!
SCW 250-8/F 230,-€/PAIR
SCW 250-8/A Langer magnet 360,-€/PAIR NEW!
SCW 250-8/F 240,-€/PAIR dual coils
SCW 250/A 370,-€/PAIR dual coils
SCW 300-8/F 300,-€/PAIR
SCW 300-8/A 400,-€/PAIR NEW!
SCW 300/F (2x8 Ohm coils) 310,-€/PAIR NEW! dual coils
SCW 300/A(2x8 Ohm coils) 410,-€/PAIR NEW! dual coils
SCW 096/A Ellipsis speakers 400,-€/PAIR NEW’
SFR 145-8/A + SCW 200-8/F 400,-€
SFR 145-8/A + SCW 200-8/A 490,-€
SFR 145-8/A + SCW 250-8/A 580,-€ NEW!
SFR 145-8/A + SCW 300-8/F 520,-€
SFR 175-8/F + SCW 300-8/F 516,-€
SFR 175-8/A + SCW 300-8/A 656,-€ NEW! Langer magnet
SFR 200-8/F + 2PAIR SCW 300-8/F 946,-€
CROSSOVER 75,-€/PAIR
AAM 210 POWER AMPLIFIER 260,-€
Please note that the all prices are quoted in PAIRS.
All speakers cast aluminum baskets, coils ont he flat wire.

SFR is full range series for horn loading

SWR is full range series for BR loading

list of pdfs for all types is on their page

last price list I have is :

PRODUCTS PRICE LIST 2017 ( EU orszá g)

Thank you very very much. So the biggest size is 8”? I’d live them in a 10”. If I went with an 8” I’d have to buy a powe sub because the 8 probably doesn’t have enough bass.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
even if declared as wide range , SWR series is full enough range for my liking

cheapest Fountek ribbon with horn ( practically second cheapest) is good enough to add some sprinkles , both for SFR and SWR

point is - SWR is having even 12" biguns

look in my blog for example of ribbon on top

as I said - download pdfs from their site , everything is there

if needed - switch to english on top menu

An observation we made when I and two of my friends each built from the SFR-range of drivers was interesting. I picked the 5" drivers another the 6,5" and the third of us the 8".
My friends got better bass, but the mids and highs seemed much more "muffled".
Maybe that is beacuse of the larger cones, not coping with the higher frequencies.

However the ovals do not suffer from anything of this. For me the rock the firmament and makes the crickets stop squirking....

I'm liking the Sonido's I have been hearing, of course over the web. Now I know the web doesnt give the best quality but what's the alternative? Fly out and give it a listen? Nope! The Sonido's I have been listening to are the 8" alnico's. Does anyone know what the 10" or 12" may sound like?

Im also trying to find out the difference in sound in a fullrange vs a widerange speaker.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
go with hunch , after looking at pictures and data

ppl are wasting more substantial amounts on silly cables

point is - all Sonido drivers are sharing same virtues , same character of sound

smaller ones being slightly better in logical things , bigger ones being better in logical things

what's more important - if there is something to improve , it's adding of either bass helper or tweet helper , but nothing which you need to subtract , as is case with shouty FRs and ERs

that thing I hate - need to implement electrical remedy to something supposedly good enough to avoid all electrical (damn xover :) )

go with hunch , after looking at pictures and data

ppl are wasting more substantial amounts on silly cables

point is - all Sonido drivers are sharing same virtues , same character of sound

smaller ones being slightly better in logical things , bigger ones being better in logical things

what's more important - if there is something to improve , it's adding of either bass helper or tweet helper , but nothing which you need to subtract , as is case with shouty FRs and ERs

that thing I hate - need to implement electrical remedy to something supposedly good enough to avoid all electrical (damn xover :) )
I know they share the same virtues but that’s not what I am asking. I’m asking in terms of size and level of sound. For example, does the 8” produce a good amount of bass? If it does, I can forgo the 12 and go for the 10. Does the 10” lack bass? If it does, I can go for a 12”.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I know they share the same virtues but that’s not what I am asking. I’m asking in terms of size and level of sound. For example, does the 8” produce a good amount of bass? If it does, I can forgo the 12 and go for the 10. Does the 10” lack bass? If it does, I can go for a 12”.

define "good amount of bass"

what's good for me , maybe isn't for you ?

anyway , what I can say from my experience with Sonido drivers - they're doing what I expected that they do - and even more , considering price , comparing to comparative concurrent products

so , if you take their 8" driver - in appropriate box ( be it horn or BR or TL, depending of series - SFR or SWR) , it'll have all the bass you're expecting from 8" cone

same applies to bigger ones

prior to that - you need to decide - in your room and with your amplification, ears-brain combo and listening habits - do you need 8,10,12 or 15" cones, whatever brand or make it is

me - I'm spoiled having 15" in my listening rooms and I'm hardly going back

I like FR drivers , I'm sucker for speakers but - in my place any FR must be augmented at bottom , considering that I'm hardly ever going to buy any - too much speakers on shelves , and all FRs I have are 8" max

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Field Coils from Sonido .... and actual price list

So , Mr. Istvan Varga is shy guy ....... he's not shy to make bunch of good drivers , fluent enough in Hungarian ( of course :rofl: ) but also in Russian and English , but shy enough to not write here about his products......

Anyway - I know Sonido products probably more than 10 years , and I was/still am satisfied with them ; again - I'm not in any way commercially connected with Sonido or any other manufacturer ..... always being Solo Shooter , which gives me freedom to promote quality , and also declare BS when I see it.

So , Mr. Varga sent me an email the other day , with following info :

Hi Choky,

Thanks for the feedback on forum.I can help you make any drawings for these drivers.

My drivers are therefore reminiscent of the Telefunken, because I bought production and technology from someone who before and after World War II, produced diffusers for Telefunken, Siemens and Philips.Cellulose which I use for drivers I still have original and this is from Sweden.
I send you the 2019 price list.

You will probably be interested to know that I have NEW drivers, this is Field Coils drivers.
SWR 222/FC ( 8")- 490,-€/PAIR
SWR 250/FC (10") -560,-€/PAIR

The field coil drivers all reguire a power supply,sold separately 150,-€
Best regards,
Istvan.

Attachments

• SWR-200-FC.jpg
    SWR-200-FC.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,397
  • SWR-250FC.jpg
    SWR-250FC.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,382
  • PS-for-FC.jpg
    PS-for-FC.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,408
  • SWR200FC.pdf
    110.1 KB · Views: 169
  • SWR250FC.pdf
    125.3 KB · Views: 116
define "good amount of bass"

what's good for me , maybe isn't for you ?

anyway , what I can say from my experience with Sonido drivers - they're doing what I expected that they do - and even more , considering price , comparing to comparative concurrent products

so , if you take their 8" driver - in appropriate box ( be it horn or BR or TL, depending of series - SFR or SWR) , it'll have all the bass you're expecting from 8" cone

same applies to bigger ones

prior to that - you need to decide - in your room and with your amplification, ears-brain combo and listening habits - do you need 8,10,12 or 15" cones, whatever brand or make it is

me - I'm spoiled having 15" in my listening rooms and I'm hardly going back

I like FR drivers , I'm sucker for speakers but - in my place any FR must be augmented at bottom , considering that I'm hardly ever going to buy any - too much speakers on shelves , and all FRs I have are 8" max

True words. Good bass to me is something that isn't overwhelming. Not the bass you hear when folks are driving down the street blasting their stereo. I like the same amount of bass I would here in a live jazz concert.

So , Mr. Istvan Varga is shy guy ....... he's not shy to make bunch of good drivers , fluent enough in Hungarian ( of course :rofl: ) but also in Russian and English , but shy enough to not write here about his products......

Anyway - I know Sonido products probably more than 10 years , and I was/still am satisfied with them ; again - I'm not in any way commercially connected with Sonido or any other manufacturer ..... always being Solo Shooter , which gives me freedom to promote quality , and also declare BS when I see it.

Yeah, he informed me of this new product line and I think this is just what I may be getting. It seems like this may be better than the Alnico in the sense of one being able to control the power disseminated to the drivers.

I wonder how the usage of a tube amp will affect the sounds of the speakers. Please excuse my ignorance for asking such a question. It seems as if there tube amp would be useless if the speakers have a power source. Isnt it like a powered sub? Why feed a powered sub through an amp when the sub has its own built in amp?

A field coil gets it's magnetism from an electromagnet (essentially) instead of a fixed magnet (like an alnico, ceramic, ferrous, etc.). So the power supply that was mentioned is to generate the magnetic field in which the voice coil moves. You still need an amp to drive the voice coil for sound reproduction. You really should read up on them if you are thinking of using them. Very interesting stuff!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I wonder how the usage of a tube amp will affect the sounds of the speakers.

While tube amps typically have a higher output impedance than a typical SS amp. they cannot be pidgeon holed into a single category.

A typical PP amp will typically have fairly low output impedance so don’t care so much about the speaker impedance. Single ended amps on the other hand typically have higher output impedance and care very much about speaker impedance.

The Rosenblitx beast is atypical. A PP amp (so it seems) with output impedance similar to an SE amp.

Execution is critical.

dave