Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Those spheres are beautiful, would make a great addition to the cabin of any boat. How did you build them? What did you use for the sphere? I like the "rope veneer", carbon fiber and black tweeter enclosure gives it a very modern look. Is the carbon fiber a vinyl wrap look alike?

All materials naturalny- carbon Kevlar.
Ball- braided rope

Last edited:
All I know is he uses an electronic crossover.

The last time I looked, I thought he was using a passive series XO between the 126 and Great Heil AMT, somewhere around 800?, and would suspect the active would be on the subs, but would be happy to be corrected.

On the only 2 bespoke projects in which I've used the AMT, the customers insisted on XOs higher than that - indeed one wanted a 3-way with Eminence 6" pro midrange with a very elaborate passive parallel XO that likely wasted much of the AMT's magic. Every time he tells me how much he enjoys them, I can barely keep from wincing - "if only you knew what this driver can really do...:eek: "

Reactions: 1 user
The last time I looked, I thought he was using a passive series XO between the 126 and Great Heil AMT, somewhere around 800?, and would suspect the active would be on the subs, but would be happy to be corrected.

On the only 2 bespoke projects in which I've used the AMT, the customers insisted on XOs higher than that - indeed one wanted a 3-way with Eminence 6" pro midrange with a very elaborate passive parallel XO that likely wasted much of the AMT's magic. Every time he tells me how much he enjoys them, I can barely keep from wincing - "if only you knew what this driver can really do...:eek: "

He did use a passive and may still offer them but the day I visited he was using a Boozehound active and it wasn't on the subs.

Attachments

• ??????????.jpg
    ??????????.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 1,949
Lowhter ....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:) :D

Lowther ....

:) :D

Please pardon me for being the "wet towel" around here, but having the Lowther's baffle set back into the enclosure the way you do, will definitely cause a whole myriad of baffle reflection problems that could have easily been avoided simply by cutting the enclosures two sides and top to meet flush with the black baffle where it curves back into the enclosure! So I'm curious why you'd ignore such an obvious problem. Don't get me wrong, your cabinets look wonderful, but I'd opt for the better sonics over a square cabinet where I can more easily mount a front grill onto it any day!

I'm listening to: Across The Rubicon by Silhouette

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Very easy to build, and very light less than 5 kilos, you can pick whichever photo to keep the wife happy, although this does not apply to me as I am single and retired. Have been developing my designs over the last 15 years. Getting there at last! Still keeps the brain ticking over.Can't wait for the magnets to arrive!

For being a "wet towel"

Hello Tom (Scata),

just mention that the speaker plan is directly from Lowthers own collection:eek: so no harm upon Xmax, but I do agree to your point.

Love the speaker and the appearance, nice looking Xmax and I hope that it sound as good as it looks.

By the way Tom, tnx for new music to explore, never heard about Silhouette before but now I do listen.;)

Ok heres my modest built from scrap MDF burn the drivers in speakers, only power tool used was a drill, all cuts were done with a handsaw getting bits to fit with a plane that should be in the bin. Drivers are Mark Audio CHS-70 and they sound really good after having a few days to burn in, now need to put them in a less bodged box.
tumblr_o2qz10uvDM1uavi4uo1_1280.jpg