Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

I am not making large quantities at this point, maybe in the future. They are designed for open baffles, but I have tried them in other configurations with good results. I guess the price will be much like Lowhter.

Hej igen Frank
Nice picture ;)
I had the chance to listen to Franks drivers. They sound really really good. I'm planning to get a pair :D

And now I'll post my 3 Full Range speakers:

Frugal Horn with Fostex 126en
Decware ZOB Opel Baffle with Cube Audio F180 driver
SoundLab A1

Attachments

• Frugal Horn 1.jpg
    Frugal Horn 1.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 1,637
  • Frugal Horns.jpg
    Frugal Horns.jpg
    777.9 KB · Views: 1,534
  • ZOB Open Baffle 1.JPG
    ZOB Open Baffle 1.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 1,484
  • ZOB Open Baffle 2.JPG
    ZOB Open Baffle 2.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 1,464
  • SoundLab A1.jpg
    SoundLab A1.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 1,427
I'd have used quality plywood… MDF has too much energy storage, emitting a time delayed ooz that masks low level detail.

Here it has the advantages of easy maching and it looks like a sort of plywood made with thick plies of MDF was used, plus the TC9 does not have very good DDR and since that detail is already missing, the MDF is not as likely to be a big deal.

dave

Build it out of FOAMCORE, the new best material for speakers....now trendy at DIYAUDIO

Ok, it was the angle of the first photo, I can tell the driver is centered on this one...You impressions?

With the bucket subs to fill in the bottom octave it's the best sound I've had on the bookshelf.

Prior to the Fostex full range speakers I had Aerial Model 5's powered by a Classe CAP150 in the same location which didn't sound nearly as good.

Thanks. Just a standard vented enclosure with no driver offset.

P1160010.jpg

Very nice looking system you have there Poultrygeist! Tell me, what's your opinion of the Guanzo 6n3 preamp? Also what do you think of the sound quality, sensitivity and dynamics of Ed's bucket subs? And how much power are you using to power them to musically satisfying levels?

I'm listening to: Afterdark by Halie Loren

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Very nice looking system you have there Poultrygeist! Tell me, what's your opinion of the Guanzo 6n3 preamp? Also what do you think of the sound quality, sensitivity and dynamics of Ed's bucket subs? And how much power are you using to power them to musically satisfying levels?

I'm listening to: Afterdark by Halie Loren

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Mine is the $37 Sain Smart from Amazon which looks the same as the Guanzo. Incredible value and it outperforms the 3 tube version which I also have. I've paid many times more for tube preamps that didn't sound this good.

I absolutely love the bucket subs which integrate so well you don't know they're on until switched off and then the music falls flat on it's face. I use a single 300 watt plate amp to drive them which works great but I heard Ed's with a Crown and that's the cat's meow.