Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

MLTL with Peerless 830986 3" full range. Dimensions are approximately 40cm x 10cm x 20cm.

Nice work Mayuri. How do they sound, and how low do they go? I have some 3" Founteks that I've been undecided how to use (FR, top end for a multi-way, ???). Just seems like it would miss too much on the low end. But maybe I wouldn't miss that for something like an office system.

They actually go very low for the size, they are tuned as a 1,9m pipe resonator meaning about 45Hz low end extension. Absurdly low, I know, but it actually works. I measured the response with REW (room extension also helps). Only filters on speaker are BSC and zobel network. I simulated them with the "transmission line" software from leonard audio and applied total of 21 grams of stuffing per speaker 21-27cm and 65-98cm down the line from closed end to tame 350Hz and 110Hz wide harmonic peaks. Driver is 1/5 down the line.

I actually planned to publish a set of instructions for these in here but my cursed computers power supply decided to blow up taking all my plans with it :mad:

Overall, couldn't have been happier with these speakers. They don't produce SPL for rock concerts, but for everyday use they will serve me for a long time.

EDIT: I've had great results with some Founteks, especially FR88EX. Not sure which model you have but overall Fountek makes very nice drivers.

Last edited:
How do you know the sound should be similar? :D

ok. there is the BiB calculator available to help w/ line/driver tuning at Fs. of course this wouldn't take the flare contribution at Fs into account, which is beyond my capability.

the pros here can model the flare & the wave guide with one of the horn modeling programs and give an idea how a modified design might be produced.

don't get me wrong this speaker looks awesome! i am just curious as to how it might be modified slightly to fit into the very popular (here) BiB category.

ok. there is the BiB calculator available to help w/ line/driver tuning at Fs. of course this wouldn't take the flare contribution at Fs into account, which is beyond my capability.

the pros here can model the flare & the wave guide with one of the horn modeling programs and give an idea how a modified design might be produced.

don't get me wrong this speaker looks awesome! i am just curious as to how it might be modified slightly to fit into the very popular (here) BiB category.

here is one version of the BiB calculator

There are almost 30 projects with this speaker and the last "Centaur Intuition" with 6.5m line sounds realy good. We have two more project with 7+ meters and BiB idea can be found on each of them. Deep, fast and full with power bass :). Here you can see the Centaur...
Fullrange Horn Loudspeakers | www.etheraudio.net

There are almost 30 projects with this speaker and the last "Centaur Intuition" with 6.5m line sounds realy good. We have two more project with 7+ meters and BiB idea can be found on each of them. Deep, fast and full with power bass :). Here you can see the Centaur...
Fullrange Horn Loudspeakers | www.etheraudio.net

i meant to modify the bass cabinet from a TL to a BiB, keep the waveguide & mouth flare & adjust for 30 hz - 40 hz f3 not 19 hz.

Omni-directional dodecahedron build

I got distracted and built a dodecahedron and some standard rectangle speakers a couple of months ago..

The rectangles sit on my workbench / desk and I am planning on turning the dodecahedron into a standalone speaker dock thing....

Both sound great considering the quick dirty construction methods..

Cheers!

Attachments

• omni-02_600.jpg
    omni-02_600.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,738
  • omni-01_600.jpg
    omni-01_600.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 1,718
  • rect-01_600.jpg
    rect-01_600.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,686
  • rectdesk_900.jpg
    rectdesk_900.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,663
Oh please! Humblebragging if there ever was.
Those look great!
How does the dodecas sound compared to the lines?

haha, you got me...
Honestly I have not had enough experience with speakers to give any quantitative comparisons, but I can say that I love the sound from the dodecahedron it is completely balanced and almost completely isolated from stand so it produces no unwanted vibrations, it's an awesome pulsing sphere of sound.
But I find myself using the lines more often, (which also sound great to my ear) mainly because I have two of them so I can play them in stereo.

Alexandro:
Etheraudio Products Request & Pricelist | www.etheraudio.net

$1200 Euro each for the hand made FR driver might not be considered outrageous to some, but it was the Abbssolute Intuition GM100 amp that got my attention - unless that's a typo 322 000 Euro ? - at just under 400Kg before crating, I can imagine many of us could build a complete system for less than the cost of shipping.