Frugel-Horn XL for Alpair 10.3/10p, Fostex FF165wk, more

I was thnking about what kind of grille I mght be able to add on top of the driver. I need to check out PE - I always figured it would be the kids that clobbered a speaker, instead this one was from the dog that was trying to catch a ball. Our old dog was a bit more calm...

I needed one driver, but purchased two as some nsurance for the future when they are not avaliable.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Cogotech,

I screwed up on renewing the domain, and after that forgot to change the name severs back. I fixed frugel-horn.com so it is back — change the “frugal" in the URL i sent for “frugel” and it should work. The main domain should be back shortly, i fixed it this AM (i hope).

dave

I was referring to the fact that the Frugel-horn XL plans are available for free on another site. Details in the emails I sent.

Unbelievable , this website provides so much information to people that don’t have the tens of thousands of dollars to buy “esoteric” audio, but can’t donate $10.00 to get plans for one outstanding pair of speakers. SHAME ! Planet 10 is just trying to keep this website going by people making donation, c’mon 10 bucks!!!!

Don't worry, I know who it is; it will be a genuine error. I've asked for it be taken down, and the site owner will certainly do so very soon: he's a thoroughly decent chap.

In the meantime: I make this request. Please guys. Don't go looking for them. If you want to build them, do the decent thing. Make your very modest $10 donation to this forum, contact Dave with the reciept, and obtain the plans from him. I write this as the designer of FHXL, who gets nothing at all from it, and who currently has an effective monthly earning that varies from zero up to about £200 at best. Despite which I still do what I can to help people here, when time and funds allow. Now if I can do that, a very small donation roughly equivalent in cost to a bottle of PVA glue is not unreasonable.

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Planet 10 is just trying to keep this website going by people making donation!

Planet10 does not get any money from FHXL… it all goes to diyAudio.

The whole idea behind FH.com is to provide good free designs for diyers, and easy to use designs for potential cottage industries (from whom we do appreciate donations from).

dave

They do tend to work quite well for a box of their size.

Re the above, it will have been a genuine error; I know the site owner and he's one of the good guys. He'd never intentionally put up something that isn't meant for free distribution. However, English is not his first or second language, and mistakes / misunderstandings can happen in those circumstances. I make enough of those myself, so I'm in no position to criticise. ;) It'll get sorted out soon.