Freq measurements and Hypex Filter Design adjustments

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would appreciate some help with my BQs especially Qs.
Attached HighPassed Tweeter response with no other filters and Highpassed Tweeter response with "Flattening" Filters applied. They seem to have worked except around the 2K to 4K region. I presume it's my Q's?? as I have guessed them.

At 2,041Hz BoostCut Q=3 Gain+2dB, seems to have worked
At 3,450Hz BoostCut Q=7 Gain+4dB, seems to have created 2 new dips at approx 3K & 3.7K
At 4,725Hz BoostCut Q=7 Gain+2dB, seems to have worked

Any idea what has created the 2 new dips at 3K & 3.7K?

Attachments

• OnlyHighPass1000noFilters1-24Oct.jpg
    OnlyHighPass1000noFilters1-24Oct.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 129
  • FiltersTweeterCh2,1-24FarField.jpg
    FiltersTweeterCh2,1-24FarField.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 127
Looking at the filters and Q's the dips are not caused by the filters. Also the frequency response >10K seems to be different from the first measurement which is strange if you've only applied these 3 boostcut filters.

Well spotted!!!!!
As I was only concerned about the effect of these BoostCuts, I did not tell you that I had HighShelf2 Freq 15000Hz Q=1.2 Gain +5dB to get rid of slope down.

I have "flattened" the individual driver responses, 1 to 1.5 Octaves from XO freq, with my limited knowledge of Q's
I have included the phase plots and Target curves
Added the definitive XOs Gains and Delays
The final plot with all drivers, best I could do. Plotted at 1/24 Octave smoothing. Looks a lot better at 1/1
If anyone can see improvements, would much appreciate.
The Mid only, looks strange as with to 2 XOs dosen't seem to have a chance to be flat
The plot of all drivers together, the tweeter develops a peak at around 5K which wasn't so large when tweeter measured by itself.

Attachments

• WooferCh6XO400Hz+Target.jpg
    WooferCh6XO400Hz+Target.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 167
  • MidCh4XO3KHz+400Hz+Target.jpg
    MidCh4XO3KHz+400Hz+Target.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 151
  • TweeterCh2XO3KHz+Target.jpg
    TweeterCh2XO3KHz+Target.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 162
  • ALLXO3KHz+400Hz+GAINS+DELAYS.jpg
    ALLXO3KHz+400Hz+GAINS+DELAYS.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 153
I'm just starting and was able to do some measurements in HFD but did not find a way to combine near- and farfield measurements. There is a possibility to import measurements, did you look at that?
What I found usefull in HFD (4.9) is the possibility to set a flat frequency response. This way you can visualize different filters, Q factors etc.

I have not mastered HFD at all. Find the instruction useless.
The way I combined the near and farfiled is by seeing where the measurements overlapped. This enabled me to set the gains for woofer and mid so that the response was almost flat.

I will reread the HFD manual as setting the flat frequency response interests me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.