freeDSP-aurora - DSP with 8 I/Os, USB Audio, S/P-DIF, ADAT, Bluetooth and Wifi contro

Anyone know if you can select the 'sound colour' (AKM original digital filter) options on the AKM AK4458 DAC - nothing in manual v1.03 on this.

I would like to try using AKM's "Velvet sound" filter.

You can hack configDAC() function in aurora.ino for selecting another filter. I do not support that yet in auverdionControl, maybe an option for the future.

Regarding AddOn B: This will be available again mid January.

Sorry for my delayed responses. I am currently very busy with version 1.2.0 of auverdionControl. I want to release that version this week and get it uploaded to the AppStore for the iOS version.

Raphael

Yes, version 1.2.0 has been released today.
Version 1.2.0 is an update for auverdionControl, firmware and DSP plugins with many new functions and features:

• FIR plugin: 4 DSP channels with a FIR filter with 4096 taps per filter. Each of the 4 presets can define a different filter for each of the 4 channels. There are a total of 16 FIR filter saved
  • Loading and saving user settings on the local hard drive
  • New dialogue with a simplified user interface for the WiFi configuration
  • New dialogue with a simplified user interface for importing data REW
  • New dialogue with a simplified user interface for importing REW filter settings
  • Delay values ​​with higher resolution (20,8μs)
  • Higher frequency resolution in frequency response plot
  • Status of the connection with aurora appears in auverdionControl
  • Display of the current plugin name in auverdionControl
  • Optional activation of the volume potentiometer
  • Support for AddOn-A

Enjoy it!

Raphael

AD's official position is not to release it and persuede you to buy sharc chips instead. But the chip is capable, the code exists, and the patent expired.

It's the only part of the sigma 300 ecosystem not available to the DIY community, and deserves focus. Your board can be easily "cloned" by a media works 1452 core board and a few common ic modules (I prefer an object oriented hardware solution, rather than endless variations of the freedsp project), likewise the ui/microcontroller is a re-hash of minidsp, aidadsp, and neilrdavis's existing work.

Not to belittle your work - it is impressive - and likewise you could argue, that following my module approach I should buy a cheap ebay digital->analog Dolby decoder and steal the i2s signals from the internal dac lines.

Last edited:
Issues with webOTA

I got some complains about the webOTA feature. It seems that it is not stable in the ESP-SDK by espressif.
Thus if you run into trouble when updating you can still update via the serial port and a cheap USB2Serial adapter.
Something like this:
Waveshare FTDI FT232 USB UART Board (mini) USB TO UART solution with
Compared with all the trouble webOTA causes, these few Euros are a good investment.
I am getting really annoyed by it and I am already thinking of kicking webOTA out.

Raphael

Last edited:
Well, I received my Aurora dsp + A & B add on yesterday and I spent almost all day to try to connect to it through auverdionControl software. Either via Access Point (192.168.5.1) or via my Wifi 2.4 GHz network (192.168.10.63).
I try to, using either a Win7 X64, or a Win10 X64 laptops...

In Access Point mode, the laptop got the following IP 192.168.5.2 (or 3 for the second one) but when I start Auverdion Control software I received the failed message

In Wifi mode where Aurora DSP got 192.168.10.63 IP I received the same failed message from Auverdion Control.
I tried both 1.11 and the new 1.2 software

I ordered a FTDI FT232 board that I will receive tomorrow to see if situation improves, but for the time being I'm stuck.

Any suggestion will be appreciated

JC

JC,

it seems to me that your a not doing it the right way.
I assume you are using version 1.1.1?

The fact, that your aurora got an IP from you WiFi router tells me that you have been able already to connect to it via access point and typ in the SSID and the password.

All the IPs you type in are the IPs of Aurora not of your computer or what else.

Thus, the procedure for Access Point is:
- Connect you computer with the Access Point AP-freeDSP-aurora
- open auverdionControl
- open Settings Dialog and select Access Point (don't change the IP 192.168.5.1 to anything else).
- close Settings Dialog and press the Connect button (green arrows)

That should work as a first attempt.

EDIT: And what exactly is the error message in auverdionControl?

Raphael

Last edited:
Hi Raphael,

Thanks for your help, I found that it was easier to connect to my Aurora DSP with ver 1.1.1. So I have been able to upload firmware 1.2 and connect to it via Auverdioncontrol 1.2 either via the Access Point and the Wifi modes.
I will have to play with it for a while to get a better understanding on the product

Best regards from France
Jean Claude

Is such an audio mixer/interface possible with aurora?
- 8 inputs are dry sent to usb for direct recording
- 8 inputs have separate processing for eq/dynamics
- 8 outputs are configured as 4 stereo buses; inputs to outputs controlled via dsp
-At least 2 effect buses are created, outputs of which can be mixed to buses

I believe I can convert this board to a high standard mixer/interface with additional analog front ends