• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Looking forward to seeing the black ones. I presume the monobloc chassis are not ready yet? I was thinking of using these chassis from modushop - code 1NGXA288N Galaxy Maggiorato 230 (W) x 280 (D) x 80 (H). Need to work out the cut-outs I require. First time I am trying this and hope this does not all end up in smoke! Nearly ready to commit myself and buy the components.

Looking forward to seeing the black ones. I presume the monobloc chassis are not ready yet? I was thinking of using these chassis from modushop - code 1NGXA288N Galaxy Maggiorato 230 (W) x 280 (D) x 80 (H). Need to work out the cut-outs I require. First time I am trying this and hope this does not all end up in smoke! Nearly ready to commit myself and buy the components.

buy chassis from LazyCat. i saw it, and it is piece of art, it is really beautilfull and well made.

First One official chassis

buy chassis from LazyCat. i saw it, and it is piece of art, it is really beautilfull and well made.
With original First One chassis everything is prepared, threaded holes, bolts, so very easy job to do.

Chassis is built like a tank from 5 mm thick Alu plates, brushed surface and is calculated for thermal dissipation correctly.

Decide for yourself.

Regards, L.C. :cheers:

the heatsinks from galaxy maggiorato are not even close to support the dissipation of this amp.

The C1 chassis does indeed look fantastic. However, I would like to fit into max 240mm wide chassis as monoblocks. Happy to wait for the C2 or C3 chassis if these are smaller. If the heat dissipation would be an issue, then I need to try and get around it or work on a different solution for my rack...... Would separating out the SMPS to a separate chassis help with heat dissipation and/or sound quality?

Hi GB members! :wave2:

Here's C1 chassis for stereo First One amplifier.

Dimensions:

Width: 440 mm

Height: 70 mm

Depth: 310 mm

Silicon pads for bottom feet are included.

Price 300 EUR net for end user.

First One module has best possible position in the middle of heatsinks, very good pasive ventilation thanks to optimal air gaps perforation openings positions.

C1 chassis enables max power dissipation ie. max output power from the First One modules at +/-63 V regulated SMPS.

Also enables use of two SMPS1200A400 (Hypex) or two DPS-500 (Audio Power) or one SMPS2000R (Connex), free selection choice left to GB members.

Top perforation air gap inserts can be natural silver, red or blue.

C2 and C3 chassis will follow soon.

Regards, L.C. :cheers:

WOW

That's a nice chassis! I was thinking your chassis would be some rolled case fabricator order online!

hahaha

WOW

It's not cheap but it's also not expensive considering it's tier one all the way!