• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

DF of FFSA is in the 150 to 250 bracket, constant over the audio band as CFA topology.

IMHO and to my ears, over 100 it doesn't matter if DF is 100 or 1000...

A long time ago I really wanted to try FO 1.4, but I am glad I didn't given it would have never materialized for me, the very poor support, the reported failures and the complete lack of schematic+many SMD devices which all makes it very difficult to repair or reproduce. In short, I am put off because I may have a VG amp (so most they say) but something that might burst (destroying my precious LS) and that I won't be able to repair or replace with a like easily, not mentioning to tune.

And the came Fab's amps, on a F speaking Canadian forum, later here aswell. FABulous work and sound they all said it seems to be confirmed internationaly now. FABulous guy aswell, very very nice and wiling to help, and a real community behind so you are not alone.

I went for Fab's FFSA (I am part of the GB). Fab has been constantly fabulous over the years, the schematics and an excellent build manual are provided once you commit to the GB, all parts are known quantities and it is quite simple / non complex bard.

Just me, my humble opinion and my choices

Claude

I too have gone another way. I got into building FO1.4 when LC was still active and posting regularly, but things have truly gone sour here...
I have contacted Fab and he is a GREAT guy, but in the end I went for Shaans V4H peeceebee simply for practical reasons - to use a pair of Microaudio SMPS 600 I had sitting for a while in the parts bin.

I too have gone another way. I got into building FO1.4 when LC was still active and posting regularly, but things have truly gone sour here...
I have contacted Fab and he is a GREAT guy, but in the end I went for Shaans V4H peeceebee simply for practical reasons - to use a pair of Microaudio SMPS 600 I had sitting for a while in the parts bin.
I have built 2 of Shaan's V4H amps and they sound exceptional. Next to the FO Amp, they are right up there in sound quality. Open, articulate highs, full mids, and smooth yet punchy lower end. Simply an incredible amp for the money. I'm looking forward to Shaan's new preamp when it becomes available.

Hey,

He invited me for their showroom. Now I think the company don't exist. But only my guess.

So as i assume this **** never replied to everyone regarding the modules right ?
I can see hes active in this forum every day, but still remains silent....
Maybe i should plan to visit him ? Slovenia is a great country to travel in, and in the mean time bang to his door and ask couple questions...

I have assembled most iterations of Fab's amplifiers and preamplifiers and I can say they're still my favorite amplifiers and preamps thus far. I don't think you can go wrong with these FSSA, USSA and USSPA projects and the amazing support from Fab!

Do

Next SMPS for CLASS-A amplifiers in under design and will be tested with the USSA, I have the PCBs here waiting for over a year.

But the test will turn into reality soon.

Thanks Do

Hi
I still have 5 or 6 pairs of FSSA pcb in stock ready to ship from the last group buy. My pcb are high quality with low price. The FSSA intent is to be a sound improvement over the VSSA and its latest evolution FO v1.4.
See this thread for more info:
FSSA amplifier build thread with review

Sound impressions start at about post > 50 and more extensive one after post #82.
Post #229 for some specifications.
Post #259 for pcb picture.
Post #9 for schematics.

Fab

Last edited:
Hi Fab,

I haven't read the FSSA thread but I will go through it when I have time. How much is the PCB, 2 pcs for stereo? What's the max PSU voltage for the amp. I already have an existing PSU, +/-56V and +/-63V. I hope parts are not hard to find. Thanks for the offer and I'm ready to buy. I will give it a shot.

Hi Fredlock
2 PCBs for stereo is 16$ CAD so less than 12$ USD. Of course add shipping.
Max recommended voltage as documented is +/-50Vdc but it is possible to go a bit higher provided you have good heatsinks. Parts are all available although the input matched jfet are expensive (from Diyaudio store). Output is dual die mosfet so double pair of lateral mosfet. Thus it uses the best active parts designed for audio.
Fab

Hi Fredlock
The minimum indicated supply voltage is +/- 25Vdc. 42Vdc is for sure correct and will allow more class A with higher bias than using a higher voltage (55Vdc) for the same heatsink size.

This amp is a good candidate to use your precious jfet.:)

The Lateral mosfet is easily obtained from Profusion distributor with rapid delivery.
Fab

Last edited: