• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

I don't quite understand your question...do you ask if I have compared the SIT amp to the FO connected to my high sensitivity Full Range speakers?
No I didn't. I may in the future but I don't expect nothing spectacular because of system matching...

I was asking about you experience with your SE solid state amp and if you have compared the FO with the SE design (which would mean comparing them with the same speakers).

I don't know what speakers you have. I just mentioned HE speakers because they are usually needed in the realm of SE amps.

I was asking about you experience with your SE solid state amp and if you have compared the FO with the SE design (which would mean comparing them with the same speakers).

I don't know what speakers you have. I just mentioned HE speakers because they are usually needed in the realm of SE amps.

OK. I already answered negatively to that, then.
As I said, I may compare them, provided time and energy (second floor system) but I will be wasting 179Watts :D

For passive multi-way big speakers, I can't imagine better amps right now, though I haven't had the privilege to listen to TSSA.
And FO's price is so low that I can't understand people's hesitation... :confused:

Cheers,
M.

I know people happily using the a v2 TSSA on a mid-high way (>150 Hz) with a sensibility of 109 dB/1m, so I guess you would not be the first to be "wasting" watts.

I find the FO 1.4 intriguing and I will most probably grab a pair of modules after completing another (tube amp) project.

Please comment if/when you test!

S

i have read about F.O. the best sound is at 45C.i wonder what is going on at temp 55C or 60C.
is the sound worse than 45C?
I have huge heatsinks but with 3 modules each and seems to keep up 45C-50C.
But what about in the summer?
how much is the max temp allowed soundwise an safety wise?

Hello,
Here are some pictures of my FO 1.4 build :)
I used the zero switching SMPS from Cresnet, works great.

There's also a softstart module mounted on the back panel, that allows me to use a low DC switch on the front panel and keep all the mains AC wire at the back, far away from signal.
There are also extra CDE LX381 caps on each rail, works great with the SMPS.
The softstart keeps the inrush current at startup low, even with the extra caps.

It is also a very good sounding amplifier :)

Regards,
Danny

Attachments

• IMG_0759s.jpg
    IMG_0759s.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 868
  • IMG_0760s.jpg
    IMG_0760s.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 852
  • IMG_0761s.jpg
    IMG_0761s.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_0763s.jpg
    IMG_0763s.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 831
First One L deliveries started

Hi guys :wave2:

Happy to announce that the First One L modules series is tested (personally by me) and ready for deliveries (first four modules already sent). :)

Measured at +/-80 V supplied by SMPS3kA700 it gives 648 Wrms/4 Ohm, 20 kHz. :hbeat:

Members already sent inquiries expect to get proformas in next following days, all other requests welcome, contact email in the first post. ;)

Happy Seasons Holidays, L.C. :xmastree:

Attachments

• IMG_0572.JPG
    IMG_0572.JPG
    614.2 KB · Views: 742
Hi guys :wave2:

Happy to announce that the First One L modules series is tested (personally by me) and ready for deliveries (first four modules already sent). :)

Measured at +/-80 V supplied by SMPS3kA700 it gives 648 Wrms/4 Ohm, 20 kHz. :hbeat:

Members already sent inquiries expect to get proformas in next following days, all other requests welcome, contact email in the first post. ;)

Happy Seasons Holidays, L.C. :xmastree:

Is 2 x 84 dc Ok? Hmm I thought The L had 4 sets of mosfets?