• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

if i wanted to use a linear power supply with 1x T.F. per channel,what would be the correct T.F. V.A rating and secondary A.C voltage for the yielding D.C voltage for continuous 150 watts/8ohm 240 watts 4/ohm? ......i looked at the wiki page to determine power rating ....my understanding is....... the sq. root of (power x2)x load impedance or..(150 x2x 8)=49 volts-peak ....sq 49x49=2401-divide by load(8)=300-divide by 2=150 watts........to get the proper secondary A.C voltage, 49 has to be divided by the sq.root of 2 so 1.414 = about 2x 35vac/300va T.F...is this correct?..........sorry for being such a noob :sorry:

Hello,

Sorry if this have already been said, I've been out of the forum for some time.

I understood that the L version is just around the corner. Is it already available ? If not is there a release date ?

Also, is there any news about the Small version like a release date or state of development ? Would it be a full class A ? Could it be use as a headphones amplifier ?

Are Cresnet SMPS 600W still highly regarded and on par with the hypex ? If yes, 61-63 V is still the recommended voltage for the M version ?

Thank you very much and sorry again if all of that have already been treated.

F.O. 1.4M installed

Hi,

I just finished installing my 2 brand new Cresnet SMPS 600 psus (47.5Volts)
with my FO 1.4M modules (dual mono setup).

The sound I get is extremely good.
The previous PSUs I had were traditional R-Core 360VA transformers and about 10 volts less on the DC rails.

I'd say that the difference in the sound I get from my speakers is a better dynamic making small details more audible in all the spectrum.

Beside this sound improvement, there is an important difference I've noticed with the Cresnet smps: the current I now get allows me to fine tune the bias and offset of the amplifiers modules in a very stable way - when it was more or less floating (up to + or - 40mV sometimes, sometimes less) before with my r-core transformers and MUR rectifiers ............

Pictures will follow, hopefully tomorrow.

Cheers

JMK