• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FH9HVX - Budget Conscious 100w Class AB for Lean Times

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
We have 18 boards so far, this is good interest. I have placed the order for the prototype verification boards. I will then have to build an amp with that board and make sure everything works as planned before ordering the full batch of GB boards. I used to gamble and order the full set of productiuon boards from the getgo and got burned too many times. There is about a 1/3 chance that there is something wrong either with the layout, the Gerber file, or a typo on the silk screen, or a missing drilled hole, etc.

Also X, after you have loaded and tested a prototype board, can you post the final schematic (if any changes) and stuffing guide. I have ordered parts from Mouser as per vunce's premium BOM - so any changes then should be highlighted for the members who have signed up for your GB.

Cheers,

Gary..

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Gary,
Most certainly! I’ll post the ‘as-built’ schematic like I normally do. I plan to stick pretty close to the BOM values. Vunce has tested much of this already as a pre-proto. This is is not a new untested design but rather one now using nicer components with a little bit more emphasis on high power and lower distortion components.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I think Vunce used 50v rated caps at 52v (as that was what was in the CRC already). You may want to use 63v for long term use. I think a Class AB amp only needs 10,000uF 63v caps x 4 if using single CRC for both channels. Use 5W 0.22R resistors (or two 0.47R 3W in parallel). For a dual mono CRC's, qnty 4x 4700uF 63v caps are all that is needed.

Last edited: