FE166En+FT17H "Concerti clone" (lots of pics!!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:D:D

Playing around ; this is one concerti108clone!!

Attachments

• lumix 24-3-08 116.JPG
    lumix 24-3-08 116.JPG
    502.3 KB · Views: 1,121
  • lumix 24-3-08 117.JPG
    lumix 24-3-08 117.JPG
    494.4 KB · Views: 1,061
To GafHenderson :
Thanks for the compliment

To JC Fardo :
My electronics are not that important anymore, I'm working on a large 3-way design (non plus ultra). Most people , who actually build my design , discovered a nice little amp (see pic) : the Aurexx CRISTAL , 2x3 watt SE el84
In other countries it is called Jama. A complete run on second hand gear followed ! Now , about 2/3 own an amp like this.

To Dzius :
First a thank you for the checklist.
About the K-slot horn ; I've already seen it and took another look today.
Want do any discussion about the 2 designs. Seen that the other designer "set" the same smart angle in the top baffle!!
If you build a set of mine : make a removable front-lower-baffle with 2 inserts:
one square and one with an exponential slot and try for yourself!!
Give us your results!!
BTW, saw your webside and have a small remark : My design is for DIY ONLY!!! free for everyone!! and not for commercial use.
If you intend to do so and build more then one set , contact me first!

To Sifis_ : No measurements!! Read the whole thread I've already explained it earlier.
If you look at Fostex rec. designs , you will find measurments. This design will be very simular (maybe a little smoother!!)

Attachments

• CIMG0062.JPG
    CIMG0062.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 1,092
  • aurexx_crystal1b.jpg
    aurexx_crystal1b.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,108
To Dzius :

If you want to do your own design , feel free to do so.
Don't change my design under my name!!

We went a long way until I reach this design ;
Pics included of the MK1 version WITH reinforcements on top and back.
After using the ATB precision system with an acceleration element I concluded that there is NO need for top reinforcement.
Also there is no "hole" in the fr.range ; so no need for a "supra-Baffle"!!
We also clamped a stroke of MDF in the centre of the mouth for checking side wall vibration!! There was so little vibration that I left this reinforcement out just for the better LOOKS!!

So feel free to do your own design but don't change mine!!
This is a proven design that made about a douzen of people very happy!!

Attachments

• IMGP0045.JPG
    IMGP0045.JPG
    643.9 KB · Views: 1,054
  • IMGP0041.jpg
    IMGP0041.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 996
OK. Point taken. Terry Cain in his Single Horn Ben (Lovecraft Designs Audio Equipment ) uses round baffle and it looks fine. So maybe there is only aestetic need for that but no harm in using it.
Even though stiffen elements are not so important nonetheless can be useful as an aid in assembling whole enclosure I think. One doesn't need to glue them.

It's nice to hear you have tested so many options .

Yes I'm planning to fill triangular empty spaces with sand of course. Reinforcement in the first two part of the horn are pretty thin i.e. 8 mm. So compression ratio will change much less than 10% I believe. But I didn't do any calculation. How you judge it then? Tell me before I mount side panels.
I can phase them out if necessary.

Last edited:
Leon,

Really nice description and photo's, one of the best threads I've seen. It's also really nice to have a chance to learn about the small things to take care of in construction that you have developed. I have bookmarked this one !

If I can ask you an off-topic question - did you ever think about a design for a 2-way with cross-over around 300Hz - essentially something to provide full range with supporting bass driver ? Since BLH have limited bandwidth I thought this approach may allow more optimization.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.