F6 Amplifier

surprise....:confused:

i tried to get down k2 with the Edcor with the trim pots and it did not work. The smallest distance I could manage was 10db. I tried both secondaries lower and upper.

So the Edcor seems to have a k2 dominance build in and you can not really shape your sound man....:D

My difference in sound was coming with cap placement. Did you use source resistors or go the naked route posted by ZM. I stopped with .15r on both, with one cap connected directly to sorce on one fet. Cant remember now. I wonder if zen pot works more successfully with larger Rs values, where it would affect gain more.

generg, perhaps in this case, it might be easier to dial in what you want using lhquams love-pot method instead of loading the tx secondaries....if u use small Rs (0.1R?), the effect on class A availability and gain would be small but you can still tune H2 mix and decide also whether you want it on +ve going vs -ve going phase.

ceeVee nailed it. Pinouts are different, at least on the Onetics vs Jensen. ......Then again, I will hae to look, cause with the F6, you can do all kind of crazy things.

Point for point, they are different. Flochini will be listening to Onetics soon, So i think we will get even more back up for Bud's xformers. Cant work on speaks for various reason, so might try to setup measurement rig and get some numbers on the Onetics system, since evrybody loves numbers around here.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
...Nah.. i just could no resist.
U were right there !!! on target !

Plenty of time, not to worry.

Actually I'm thinking of using some of my incoming Semis just for this F6...

Very especially after getting the info that it's got the best of F5 and F3.....that sweet top end of F3!

:D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I can simply see Pa , laughing all the time ........

what else , with us around , bunch of satisfied kids

:clown:

...... satisfied , right 'till next F

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 394
ceeVee nailed it. Pinouts are different, at least on the Onetics vs Jensen. ......Then again, I will hae to look, cause with the F6, you can do all kind of crazy things.

Then we will need a PCB that will allow us to do these crazy things.
F
rom the top of my head, how about some jumper pads for the trafo connections that we can wire to connect them according to the pinout?