F5 Turbo is posted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Rs diminishes the square law effect by reducing available current. The diode prevents this by bypassing the resistor above Vf. The only way I see it working at the moment is by allowing opposing get to continue to deliver current, simply because the diode has begun to conduct and rather thatn one Fet shutting off and the amp going into A/B operation, the diode kills the Rs effect and.it continues to contribute current when it normally would not do so. The Rs is what affects the square law nature of the fets. Removing it returns the Get to this nature of operation and the resulting increase in current.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
More importantly, does anyone know what Nelson loves to drink?

Cabernet Sauvignon I guess, but you also have some wonderful Syrah he might appreciate. ;)

A friend of mine and I had the opportunity to take Nelson and his lovely wife Jill out to dinner before BAF2011, and while I can't speak to all of his preferences, the man does enjoy a glass of good Champagne.

Regards,
Scott

Last Shot. My processer is overheating. BIas of he output stage is set by Adjusting Vgs to a certain point to yield a certain current. With Rs present, you have an element that statically reduces Vgs due to the voltage that is dropped across it, effectively reducing Id with it. Normally this is true throughtout the operational range of the fet. AS current increases, the Rs continues to reduce Vgs and help control current flow. With the diode in place, as more current passes through Rs, the voltage drop across it increases causing the diode to begine to conduct around the Vf region. When the diode gets turned on, it effectively bypasses Rs and stops it from statically reducing the Vgs. This causes .....an increase in bias current, i.e. CLass A sweetness.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.