F5 build power on with smoke from R19 and R20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you for the clarification Andrew re the F5. I was wondering why my other amplifiers work fine with the tube out despite the presence of DC. I guess they have some DC filter in place at their input.

I don't have the schematics for this DAC. It's a commercial product so I don't think I can find one. It's out of warranty and I don't mind "playing" with to learn a thing or two :)

My limited understanding is that the difference between Line out and Tube out is that the tube out goes through a tube buffer (uses 1 ECC88/6DJ8 type).

I checked 2 capacitors (47uf 63v) that are right after the tube and before the rca sockets (assuming they are there to block DC) and they measured fine. I even put 2 others with same value but no change. DC is still high.

I think I should go up the stream and check the input and the power supply capacitors. On the PCB I can see that the Tube stage has its own rectifier and smoother capacitor.

Best regards

KJ123

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.