F3 Builders Thread

Your 10% error in resistance will give you 10% error in current.
For resistors in the one digit Ohm range, I use a constant current source of 1A and measure the voltage drop over the resistor. That gives me a more precise value.
Do you have a bench supply with current limiting function?

Ah! Gotcha.

Well replacement transistors + fets should be trickling in. I'm going to move everything over to some clean PCBs. All this soldering/de-soldering seems to be causing the pads to lift.

Aaaaand ... We're up an running again. Had a close call when I had an electrolytic cap in backwards (20 years - I've NEVER done that!), but had a spare, and all good :)

Your 10% error in resistance will give you 10% error in current.
For resistors in the one digit Ohm range, I use a constant current source of 1A and measure the voltage drop over the resistor. That gives me a more precise value.
Do you have a bench supply with current limiting function?

I can adjust Vd such that Vgs=1V. But I am sure that Vd will be lower than 3V. I forgot the value, maybe 2.x. I don't remember

Today I bought two LUs from Jim's Audio. I redo the test and found that the Vgs only got 5xx mV, so pretty sure that they are counterfeits.

Everyone, please tell me where can I get the genuine LU1014D? I have been spending few months on building the F3 and now I cannot continue my work due to missing of the most important parts. I am very frustrated, can anyone help?

Attachments

• IMG_20200827_221622.jpg
    IMG_20200827_221622.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20200827_221751.jpg
    IMG_20200827_221751.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 304
Today I bought two LUs from Jim's Audio. I redo the test and found that the Vgs only got 5xx mV, so pretty sure that they are counterfeits.

Everyone, please tell me where can I get the genuine LU1014D? I have been spending few months on building the F3 and now I cannot continue my work due to missing of the most important parts. I am very frustrated, can anyone help?

Found these on eBay in Hong Kong:

6pcs LU1014D N-channel power J-FET 2 pieces for SE amps and Pass F3 | eBay

They look like the real deal.

I have some real ones I don't need also, but shipping will be cheaper to you from Hong Kong.

Rush

Found these on eBay in Hong Kong:

6pcs LU1014D N-channel power J-FET 2 pieces for SE amps and Pass F3 | eBay

They look like the real deal.

I have some real ones I don't need also, but shipping will be cheaper to you from Hong Kong.

Rush
I bought some of these. The items don't match the image.
The right one is a genuine part, the ones of the left are what arrived. The legs are really flimsy too - snapped off while bending them to measure.

They seem to measure ok, but don't trust them IMG_20200825_192129.jpg

For me personally, I will avoid where ever possible purchasing electronic components from certain countries that are notorious for producing counterfeit parts.

I'm not sure where to go with this.

I do the same because it's such a huge time/aggro saver. But that's profiling, and I'm sure a cop in the 1980's would have said the same about stopping black drivers....

So what does one do?