• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
samsagaz said:
wow these caps are expensive :S
will get sound improvment using that kind of "expensive" caps? :!

I bought the Jensens mostly out of curiosity. You don't need to use such expensive caps to get the sound right.

Regarding "normally" priced components, my first choice would probably be Nichicon KG Super Through or Gold Tune 15,000/50 available from Percy, 10,000uF should work fine too.

As to Sikorels, I bouth those at local surplus outlet, years ago.

I was normally using laser print paper, but for some mailings the weight and thickness was critical that's why the "funny" paper choice ;)

rhing said:
Excuse my ignorance, but is this cap placed between the input and ground, or does this go into the C9 position on the PCB?

That was a general question, not neccessarily related to any of the F Amps:

samsagaz said:
One more question abt caps, wich are BG cap that are used sometimes in the input path?

Current Limiting thermistor

Dear Peter or whoever has an opinion,

Are you using this in your amps?

Mr Pass suggests a CL60 thermistor to be placed in the primary of the power transformer.

I have know nothing about thermistors, other than what they do, so what is a CL60 thermistor?

Do you recommend these be used and if so would you recommend a part number, please.

Thanks,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.