Exploding output fets SPL Dynamics D8s

The component masking is vanished because it is placed on a trace.
There is a C82A which totally does not match the diagram.
This is the only cap that matches the diagram C82100/16v

Q52, R57, R56, D51 has the same markings and are placed next to eachother.
The 47ųF 50v cap is placed next to it as well.
I'm sure it's the right one.

Ok so, I put in a 100uf cap, changed D51 to a 10v zener, replaced R55 to a 10k resistor.
It helped a lot already.

When the amp started up after laying on the bench for 10 minutes, its hard to see but it seems like it does not fully wait until full rail is applied.
If I pulse the remote once every 2 seconds it waits a second before it starts oscillating. So in that case it seems to work.

Rail voltage is dumped again after powering off

I was trying to keep it as simple as possible to make it a practical modification. If it's too complex, it would need a small circuit board to make it practical. The 21844s will likely become available to make this unnecessary.

If you look at the gate-source voltage in differential mode, do you see the gate voltage drop immediately when the remote voltage is removed.

No, voltage between gate and source does not immdeiately drop to 0v
If I pulse the remote, the oscillations starts after a nice delay, and the rail voltage does not drop a bit.
When I turn off the remote when the oscillation is present for less then 700ms there is not a single rail voltage dump.
When I turn the remote off after more then 700ms of oscillation it dumps rail voltage.

I have 6n137, HCPL3180, FOD3120
Just a basic dc voltage 'relay' function

I wanted to connect the output at the Jfet's gate.
But, I forgot that the Optocoupler should have a steady VCC as well. But the VCC will never be quicker then the generated voltage at D22.
So I don't think the optocoupler will work...

Yes, the 700ms is strange, like a capacitor or induction capacitance is charged up and then releases?
I took out the Jfet to test.
Without Jfet the amp waits with oscillation until full rail voltage is reached nicely.

Last edited: