Eminence LAB15 Subwoofer, 4ohm, Special Run for CHEAP on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What I don't get is how a special run was designed, manufactured and sold for less than half of the original lab 15.
The "special run" probably cost some cabinet manufacturer the usual dealers cost. The E-Bay seller probably bought them from that manufacturer at a fraction of the original cost after the manufacturer found a lack of sales, or the manufacturer simply wanted to move inventory to support cash flow and sold them. Buy outs occur frequently, some really good drivers can be had dirt cheap if you don't mind that when they are gone, they may not be replaceable.

The "special run" probably cost some cabinet manufacturer the usual dealers cost. The E-Bay seller probably bought them from that manufacturer at a fraction of the original cost after the manufacturer found a lack of sales, or the manufacturer simply wanted to move inventory to support cash flow and sold them. Buy outs occur frequently, some really good drivers can be had dirt cheap if you don't mind that when they are gone, they may not be replaceable.

The Ebay seller was Eminence.

I understand (rumor mill) a manufacturer dropped out of an order, this they were offered at a steep discount.

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

now i'm thinking two corner boxes would have been neat. spec'ing out semi triangular enclosures atm...

copnono.gif

All you gotta do is FOLLOW THE PLANS, build 2 for +6db, then corner load for +6db, then follow the plans, check for air leaks, get reccomended 3 other options that aren't any better/worse, add another 3db and perhaps follow the plans
Oh and if you need more db than the freebies we handed out earlier, build more boxes.
th_31726.gif

Before you bash BFM , realize that the Cabinets in a corner will flatten out the trailing low end response, I've measured my T60 flat to 24 without any low end boost cornerloaded. Just because a design isn't flat in open space doesn't mean it isn't a solid design or even flatter in room than a measurably flat cabinet in open space.

Last edited:
Experience: I'm 21 and I know what we listen to, used to DJ, spectrum analyzes rap/ EDM / trap which tend to be the most demanding.

If you've never heard Tyga - Rack city down to 25 you're missing out :)

I'm 45 and I ONLY listen to rap/EDM. Tyga's Rack City is BANGIN' with my T-TQWT! It's an EXCELLENT test track. The wife loves to hear Outkast's SpeakerBoxxx Intro on all my sub builds.

I fear I am the only 55 year old on this forum that lives off of steady diet of Social Distortion.

You got me beat (42) but props for Social D. Mike and the boys rocking the House of Blues tonight in Cleveland. Wish I was going... Last time I saw them was early 90's at a small night club made from an abandoned movie theatre. 8 MTL4s working the low end. Life changing. Probably even the reason I am here!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.