Eminence LAB15 Subwoofer, 4ohm, Special Run for CHEAP on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Couple that incredible excursion with increased surface diameter and the result is exponentially increased SPL output."

Uhhhhh, NO. That's a lie. Increasing the surface area of the cone doesn't "exponentially" increase output. It increases it fractionally.
True, but doubling excursion results in 6 dB more output, a four fold increase.

1.25" Xmax is about 32mm, pretty huge displacement on the MTX 9515.
Makes the 13mm Xmax Lab 15 seem "short throw" by comparison.

Qe seems a bit high for my liking...

I'm kind of liking it for most music or HT where going really low due to budget, space, whatever isn't an option and with >120 dB peaks/2pi from ~27-100 Hz it will meet THX cinema reference in all but the largest and/or most 'open' rooms; plus, at <10 ft^3 net it's short enough for a simple two fold tower or lay down tube.

GM

Attachments

• LAB15-4_24Hz_DTS.txt
    963 bytes · Views: 105
I'm kind of liking it for most music or HT where going really low due to budget, space, whatever isn't an option and with >120 dB peaks/2pi from ~27-100 Hz it will meet THX cinema reference in all but the largest and/or most 'open' rooms; plus, at <10 ft^3 net it's short enough for a simple two fold tower or lay down tube.

GM

If size is a constraint, does it appear the THAM 15 may be a viable option?

i'm stumped atm as to what type of enclosure to go with these. i'm so used to br, that the thought of losing the capability of going deep when listening to chill hop and the like...has anyone tried the 'boom box' choice in winisdpro and found it to be acceptable for a 'hifi'/music only sub?

i'm so used to br, that the thought of losing the capability of going deep when listening to chill hop and the like...

So how ‘deep’ is ‘deep’ and at what peak SPL at the listening position [Lp] desired? I already posted a 27 Hz BR alignment that sims ~120 dB/m/600 W from ~25 Hz-up in half [2pi] space.

Tune it any lower and you just give up peak power handling below ~60 Hz, so more room/boundary gain will be required to offset it unless < ~ 120 dB/m peaks minus any loss over distance to the Lp is acceptable.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.