ELEKIT TU-8200R

anyway this tube/pin can be repaired? i noticed a huge hum when turning on the amp, and then this tube turned bright orange... when removing it, that one pin was stuck in the socket
Screenshot_20.jpg

It's those diffracted lines around the pin. Presuming your other 12AU7 is good? just take a look to compare.

However, gotta ask... how it it get like this? Kid throw something across the room and hit the tube?
it looks the same to me. i have no idea. is it that rare for something like this to occur?

its only been put on and removed a handful of times since i purchased. it was sold as 'nos' rca blackplate ... maybe its just old?

it looks the same to me. i have no idea. is it that rare for something like this to occur?

its only been put on and removed a handful of times since i purchased. it was sold as 'nos' rca blackplate ... maybe its just old?
I retract what I say about the cracks because I realized it could just be the way the light is refracting in the photos. However I do think that you should replace it.

My fav 12AU7 is the GE ones that are labeled Hammond - the organ manufacturer. My least favorite are the “clear tops” everyone raves about.

Anyone try using 6sn7 tubes with adapters in place of 12au7s?
I considered it too but decided against it… Those are double the heater current… You’d be stressing out the little bridge rectifier and possibly the 0.47 ohm resistor in the H+ supply…

on the bright side, these are cheap and plentiful parts of you do burn them out but I cannot comment on other collateral damage since that supply also feeds the auto bias reference.

Reactions: 1 user
I considered it too but decided against it… Those are double the heater current… You’d be stressing out the little bridge rectifier and possibly the 0.47 ohm resistor in the H+ supply…

on the bright side, these are cheap and plentiful parts of you do burn them out but I cannot comment on other collateral damage since that supply also feeds the auto bias reference.
thank you, ill skip the adapters too

Just want to confirm that anything other than a 12au7 (0.3A heater) will in likely send the H+ supply into thermal protection.

Tried a 12BH7 (0.6A heater, as it turns out) but went the sound cut out after about 15 minutes, biggest clue was the LED went dim, which uses the H+ supply.

I did the reckless experiment so nobody else has to :)

I’ve recently inherited an Elekit TU-8200R without an instruction manual! I’ve tried the Elekit site and emailed them to no avail. I can find an Elekit TU-8200 manual online but not the 8200R. Does anyone have an English pdf version available? I’m desperate to start soldering…
Hi, I ordered the 8200R from Japan and received the 8200 instructions and not the 8200R instructions. I soldered about 20 resistors in until I noticed that it was not the right set of instructions. I have contacted the distributor and Elekit and have received no response in over a month. I see 8200 and 8300R instructions online but no 8200R. Can someone point me towards a cops of the 8200R instructions (in English!). Thanks.

Hi, I ordered the 8200R from Japan and received the 8200 instructions and not the 8200R instructions. I soldered about 20 resistors in until I noticed that it was not the right set of instructions. I have contacted the distributor and Elekit and have received no response in over a month. I see 8200 and 8300R instructions online but no 8200R. Can someone point me towards a cops of the 8200R instructions (in English!). Thanks.
Hi, did you get the manual? I have one for the 8200R.

Reactions: 1 user