Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I fully disagreed it needs modifications

Sounds good the way it is.

One thing is a perfect design and other thing is perfect sonics....these things sometimes are not the same, a perfect design sometimes sounds terrible and the opposite is also true.

Tang makes a perfectly ballanced formula of orange juice.... it is a copy from the natural fruit..all chemical mixed to make the real thing..... and taste great....but try the real thing and you gonna see the difference...not that perfect as Tang, because contact with air creates oxide, taste is modified by the land you plant, the weather you have, how acid the fruit is...but try it.

One thing is technology trying to make a perfect world, the other thing is nature.

This amplifier is a son of the nature in sonics.... a great design made by Self, tuned to be natural by uncle charlie.

If you listen the Blameless made from Self schematic you may be happy till you listen some modified Blameless with strange operational points, strange currents, strange biasing.... then you gonna shot with a double barreled the original if you compare...if you do not compare...well...you will never know.

Also if you have only Tang and never taste a real fruit..then Tang sinthetic juice will be perfect till the day you taste the real thing.

I strongly suggest you to try these changes Andrew T, and then compare and come here to say what you have perceived...better!...bring some friends and make a blind A to B test and come with your results..do not believe this or that, this is not a matter of faith, this is sound, music, something to touch our soul..do the test, make it perfect, correct biasing and so on.... calculate carefully, use the best transistors to make it linear...then test it.

Good amplifier results from tuning...first you start with a good design, then you tweak... you may understand as detune...it is OK, then detune it to achieve a good sound..sometimes you change some current, some voltage, some parts, some capacitors, some NFB and so on.

The good sound is when we have 220 ohms resistor as first VAS transistor emitter.... i have tried several values and have compared..no way..it is a choice to make it good to instruments obbeying technology or to make it good for sonics... a choice.

Do not be sad Andrew...uncle charlie have not returned to the forum bringing his crazy ideas about audio....i am just taking a look to see if something has changed..... it looks continues the same..people trying to modify already made designs without try to make their own in order to multiply options to forum folks... it looks (continue to look this way) people do not want to test themselves and to face the glory or the failure of his own project...it is better to be buzzing around in already made, tested, approved and distributed wide world designs...easier to hitch a ride then to work hard to develop, test and share amplifiers to the community.

You, in special, better than many others, Mr. AndrewT, has perfect conditions to do this, to develop technically perfect things, to teach people how to do and to cooperate deeply with the community, all you need is to decide to do,... to donate.... giving yourself to your community, and work for it for the development of this community and develop your own practical skils in audio electronics (you have all the theories and knowledge)..something that may be good for your own spiritual development as a human being.

I am making movies, having fun with daughters and family, surfing the web and watching all documentaries and movies i can to develop my knowledge related what is going on with our world always having treats and drums of war.

Do not waste your time answering me folks.... i will not even read the answer...i have just entered to visit and i am returning to mine own happy life.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
hi everyone , specially to Mr. Carlos,. i'm newbie here. :D

i'm doing a school project and i'm planning to use digital tone-control using micro-controller and Dx Blame St as my Power amp.

i have a 35v center-tapped 12Amps transformer laying in my house

can i use it in Dx Blame St?
or any advice that fits for st version?

I am healing from surgery and healing about other things too

I will return.... as Schwartznegger used to say.... "I will be back"

My distaste and disgust with regard to activities in audio is healing, now i am also working to the Government but only the morning...so...i continue to have spare time to use.

I am thinking about to produce a Class A to Class AB switcher board...an external board, to be assembled at the side of the main audio amplifier board or aerial, alike floating over it the same way Hindenburg gaz ballons did.

It will be good to all amplifiers, depending of some adjustments to be made on it...and further tests, because for a while is inside my mind and does not exist in the real world..... good to all kind of audio amplifiers, in special to the Dx Blame series of amplifiers (based into the Blameless from Doctor Self).

It is not more and not less than the idea from JVC, from the seventies or eighthies, the Super A idea... that adjust bias automatically depending the audio level, the power level and the current sensed into the power emitter resistors you have in the output trainees.

When volume is low, then the amplifier is hot...operating class A and good to reduce crossover distortion and to heat your coffee pot.... as you increase volume and it surpasses a pre adjusted power, then it switches to class AB, this way you have power and less heat when operating full power... and....if you want, at low power, exactly the range of power most often used, the unit will be class A that is very popular class of operation...high bias and very hot output..... the class A sound at low volumes and the class AB sound at high volumes... this is the idea.

Some transistors, diodes,resistors and capacitors will be used...small board...maybe a couple of trimpots, maybe not.... maybe the inclusion (switchable) of E/I limiter....maybe not...well..thinking about prior to start to produce something real.

I have made the surgery 15 days ago, already using drains in my groin, some silicon bottles collecting fluid from inside body and not very good to be working this next days..but soon i will be swiming at the beach together sharks and will be thinking about the stuff.

You see a picture.... you see the old giant belly and also my now a days profile with two bottles of 150 mililiters of juice below the pants and shirts...so..belly is not flat...thanks God and the plastic surgeon.

Sildzjan...soon i will take care about your stuff...now i am needing some time.... also to read forum to update about what is going on in my threads (the ones i have openned).

A free project, without charge, without payment, no money rolling, will be posted in several foruns wide world, and i am also inviting Miguel Nabuco as pcb designer.... people will be able to do by themselves...and group buys can be organized if people feel interest on it...to share is mandatory, a rule of good will, decense and respect to the community.

Be happy...uncle charlie, less 70 kilos...not more fat charlie..... is already happy because several victories in my life...job, health and love for all of you, the same way i have found all these things.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Less 10 kilos.jpg
    Less 10 kilos.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 408
Here i am trying to explain the idea... sadly i have trouble with

....the audio.... there's some hum and low quality...but the ones are interested will make an effort, for sure, to listen and understand.

I am sorry, i am installing another computer...the Notebook is not good for audio mic recording.

Dx Super A - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Thank you Evette and John Blackburn

I am uploading another video...with better audio quality...now using a desktop that is better for audio.

A big hug to you John...also to your wife.

We are preparing a big "charge" of energies on you Evette...just let me know the day and the precise time or period of time to provide you some help....i am not needing any part dear friend.... not needed...just send me love and good energies to my health recovery from surgery.

A new video here...the last one, defective in audio, was deleted:

Dx Super A circuit - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Uncle Charlie, i'm so glad your back!! I missed your posts and this forum was less interesting without you. I was also sad when you left as I felt I learned alot from your posts, you have a good way of teaching. I'm still in the process of building a Dx Blame Es and a Dx Blame St...pics soon. Welcome Back!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.