DSP Xover project (part 2)

Elko in the analog output buffer

Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-06 um 09.45.53.png Hi outside,

I have a question, in the picture of the manufacturer you can see the 22uF Elko in the plus line which goes to ground. Which means this elko is not direct in the signal path.
What is this elko for? Is it for positive feedback? Depends the size to the other elko in the signal path?

thanks Ulf:confused:

That capacitor (Elko) actually is in the signal path. It is for blocking any DC (Gleichstrom). One may omit this capacitor if no or only a negligible amount of DC is present on the opamp's output.

EDIT:
Having a second look on the schematic I found the cap you're appealing to - the one in the positive branch of voltage supply. I also have no idea what it's purpose is ...

Last edited:
schematics of buffer

Hi,
I have to make one remark. We are not sure if the circuitry used by Nick in the Najda is the same as the schematic posted by Ulf. This schematic is the one recommended by the company who has build the DAC used in Najda. It might be identical, but it is also possible that Nick altered the recommended output buffer schematic.
Regards
Sigi

Output Clipping

I recently started using my DSP again. I am using foobar2000 with the optical output from a good quality PCI sound card.

When I stop foobar Najda retains some input data and the outputs for channels 1 and 5 have some output. The output is typically not audible. Sometimes one of the outputs is stuck at peak, ovf, and I can hear a high frequency screech. Najda remains in this condition until I cycle power. Please see attached pic.

This also happens when I close foobar.

Remote trigger : I hooked up the relay control (remote trigger) using a relay mounted inside the DSP enclosure. The relay contact is wired to a mini-jack on the back panel for amp control. It would be helpful if the relay control connections were available on the board inside the enclosure :)

Attachments

• DSP when stopped.PNG
    DSP when stopped.PNG
    84.5 KB · Views: 670
Standby current

I have an unexpected problem that may be caused by the power supply I installed, Meanwell RT-50B. Often Najda does not wake from standby after several hours (> 8). :confused:

Najda requires very little current in standby mode, probably less than the PS minimum for proper operation.

RT-50B Specs:

5V, 0.5 - 5A
12V, 0.2 - 2.5A
-12V, 0.1 - 1A

What are standby requirements?

Remove this PS from the resource list?

Good option used by others: TDK-Lambda MTW30, 0A minimum on all three outputs.

Last edited: