Drengur's build: Langanes 25 - Line arrays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A removable front (or back) would be ideal for servicing duties.
If you plan to une them full range first, and maybe play with filtering later, I'd definitely try and incorporate a way to open them up again.

Laser cutting sure is nice, I did use it on the sides of my subwoofers and it came out beyond my expectation.
Very precise cut, I've used water jet cutting for my aluminium templates, but didn't want/dare use that for wood.

I simply used T-nuts build into my braces to mount the baffle...
stage-1.jpg

See the white rectangle shapes near the baffle in both of the braces? That's two rectangle shaped pieces of ply per brace with an M6 T-nut inserted and glued into place in the brace (using a rubbery white glue).

I made a fixture to drill the holes in the braces:

threads.jpg

Originally I planed to use square nuts:

BaffleDetail-diy.jpg

I ended up keeping it simpler by using waste material and T-nuts. The square M6 nuts were a lot smaller and would have been more trouble to hold into place.

It may give you some inspiration...

Greetings from Greece.

My mother-in-law 60 years ago (she was a farmer) used to wash it with soap down the river, then dried it in the sun and then cleaned and teased it by hand using special wooden combs.

I suppose you have better solutions to use soap but am not sure about how you could dry it in Iceland.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.