Double Chamber Reflex Mark Audio Alpair 10p or 12.2p ????

Scottmoose - thanks for that - I surely will. The result was so fine when finished. So I can sell (or give away) the rest of my building if (and when) real old age :) comes and moving to a smaller apartment is the only option. Then the Juliet on a low supporrt can be just the Choice....

Best Olav

Hi mp9

Yes - Juliet is perfect with a slightly short support and angled somewhat upward. I trries that now - and it is a very good dispaly of the musical image. I will in a couple of weeks get the outer finish and a new low support. And the low range extends to around 40 Hz. Which I heard barely:whistle:

Best Olav

Hello DIYers,
Since it might be awhile for more feedback from different builders, on the Juliet, based strictly on "paper", what would be the differences sonically between the SuperPensil 12.2p and the Juliet 12.2p. I can image with my limited design knowledge that differences will be significant due to sizes. But besides the obvious what else is to be expected from the Juliet?

Hi to all.....
In these dangerous times - I have spent some time testing and finishing my Juliet. With some bracing, short stands, better cables and some varnish. And my impression is very favorable for this new enclosure and the resulting sound. One problem now is: which speakers to listen to when different music is played. The OB with Betsy, Eminence and Aurum Cantus AMT is super with music that has much information and complex layering. Like the new Tori Amos where the Juliet can seem a little boxy and uninvolving. And on the new Robert Plant/Allison Krauss - Quattro(world drift in) where their voices can get difficult to separate. On the Quattro-track the Betsy/Aurus combo distinguish much better. This I believe is a Analog production by T-Bbone Burnett and it is not so distinct and well defined on the Juliet(my feelings). But when you get small ensembles and vocalbased the Juliet is on par with my OBs. And in the lower frequencies they have more meat and are more in touch with the rrythm when the bass and drums is very active. Like on the Bill Frisell album Nashville. Where Bill, Jerry Douglas, 2 from Union Station is making a new take on the word Jazz. A beautiful album where the Juliet really shines.
But even if the Alp12P is superb in most area - it does not have the see-through silky treble of the AMT. But the Juliet gives that direct accsess to the performance the players are performing. And gives a very honest display of the music. :cool:

Thank you again Scottmoose for this fine solution.👌

So - let us pray for the people of Ukraina and try help them if and when it will be in our hands.(y)

Best from Olav

Attachments

• P_20220219_144051.jpg
    P_20220219_144051.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 133
  • P_20220303_135135.jpg
    P_20220303_135135.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 124
  • P_20220307_120509.jpg
    P_20220307_120509.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: 1 users
Hello,
What would the difference in sound be between the DCR and bass reflex enclosure? I read that the DCR is more efficient. Does that make it better for a low wattage amp?
BTW I asked the same question on another thread but I think it's more appropriate on this one.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
A bass reflex of any sort is NOT more efficient. It only has more output in a limited band at low frequencies vrs a sealed enclosure. That band is such that below it the BR unloads and does not have as much efficiency as a sealed box and above that bandwidth is exactly the same (except for impact of any vent resonances).

dave

What would the difference in sound be between the DCR and bass reflex enclosure? I read that the DCR is more efficient. Does that make it better for a low wattage amp?
Greets!

Done right, a bit more upper bass to offset baffle step loss (BSC). Typical 'classic' response depicted on the BR's patent that IME can be better done using its big vent reflex (BVR) alignment, though of course = larger box; i.e. not many 'free lunches' in audio system design.

As such, there's greater acoustic efficiency/watt over a very narrow BW, but can only be realized as increased power efficiency if coupled to a high output (ideally matching) impedance amp.

Last edited: