DIYA store "Wolverine" (Son of Badger) .... suggestions ??

First addon - "the bomb"

My greenamp works , Ive seen these in asia and Indonesia already.
250V/uS slew. oh , boy CFA Goodness. (below)

Perfect with this DIYA board. I DO think the forum will have so much fun with this. I think most current projects here are quite (basic).

Since I am subwoofer based for under 100hz , these CFA "unholy" designs
appeal to me .... they appear to have the same OP FB as the TMC in the badger VFA
... but with current FB - do the HF better than ANY VFA (200V/uS).
They control mid/tweeter with same authority as VFA's can do with
the woofers.

OS

Attachments

• CFA DIYA.jpg
    CFA DIYA.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 842
The layout is looking great so far, but I have another idea that works out great in a few of our amps. If you can rotate the bias pot 90 degrees and give a clear shot to the edge of the board it would allow for bias adjustment without major disassembly of the amplifier (3296X side adjust pot). It doesn't make much difference with the Slewmaster bias circuit, but bias should be set with the amp in assemble form and in normal operating conditions.

Attachments

• New Badger.PNG
    New Badger.PNG
    204.8 KB · Views: 645
...it would allow for bias adjustment without major disassembly of the amplifier (3296X side adjust pot).

This would certainly be a good idea for service. The pots I have stocked are "top adjust", so would be a little more work to adjust.

In Aircraft radios/ Amplifiers, many adjustments can be made externally, "on the line". They use holes in the case/ chassis that align with the pots. For bigger repairs, we ship out to "bench shops" for overhaul or repair.

The layout is looking great so far, but I have another idea that works out great in a few of our amps. If you can rotate the bias pot 90 degrees and give a clear shot to the edge of the board it would allow for bias adjustment without major disassembly of the amplifier (3296X side adjust pot). It doesn't make much difference with the Slewmaster bias circuit, but bias should be set with the amp in assemble form and in normal operating conditions.

+1. I wish i had that option for my 5ch honey badger :) I've got it for offset and CCS adjust.

My greenamp works , Ive seen these in asia and Indonesia already.
250V/uS slew. oh , boy CFA Goodness. (below)

Perfect with this DIYA board. I DO think the forum will have so much fun with this. I think most current projects here are quite (basic).

Since I am subwoofer based for under 100hz , these CFA "unholy" designs
appeal to me .... they appear to have the same OP FB as the TMC in the badger VFA
... but with current FB - do the HF better than ANY VFA (200V/uS).
They control mid/tweeter with same authority as VFA's can do with
the woofers.

OS
I've done triple ef with this concept, same driver and output bjts, why is the driver pair idle current so low, this way driver transistors are "slower" then output pairs, what's the catch?

The shoot through happened in sine wave testing if I recall correctly and was a common problem in many EF3 designs. None of them made it to live listening tests, builders knew there was an issue and moved on to fixing it. Cordell's answer was to increase driver current to give them more current to turn the output devices off, but I'm not aware of anyone actually testing his theory, we all listened to Ostripper's advice and simply selected faster output devices.

The last mile ....

Swap out driver resistor to your hearts content. The 220R at R111 is the HK680
value. They used this with TO-220 (2SA1837 /2SC4793 ). NJW's go all the way down to 100R.

The board is made to do some tinkerin' (below).

Still have to choose the Servo caps and decide on input plugin/main cap.

Fancy wolverine ... :D

OS

Attachments

• wolverine last mile.jpg
    wolverine last mile.jpg
    641.6 KB · Views: 650
  • wolverine.jpg
    wolverine.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 614

Got it. I'll do that with CCS pot , as well.

OS