• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello ryanj everything is ok now. I m running fifopi to i2stosim board the problem was the i2s driver. Changed also the output stage to discrete..for testing. Also very good sound...

Hi Pistollero,

Im planning on the same setup exactly as yours with the abbas output stage. Do you mind posting pictures of your setup. I Would like to see how you connected the fifopi to the i2s2sim board.. also did you have to remove resistors on the d3 board so that the abbas iv stage can work?

How do you like the fifopi connected to i2s2sim compared to your previous setup? You mentioned you like the other setup compared to ians fifopi

Thank you

Tubo

Hi Pistollero,

Im planning on the same setup exactly as yours with the abbas output stage. Do you mind posting pictures of your setup. I Would like to see how you connected the fifopi to the i2s2sim board.. also did you have to remove resistors on the d3 board so that the abbas iv stage can work?

How do you like the fifopi connected to i2s2sim compared to your previous setup? You mentioned you like the other setup compared to ians fifopi

Thank you

Tubo
Hello tubo, here is a picture...
Regarding resistors...yes with valve output you to remove them, r32 r33, iv resistors also..
The other setup is with i2soverusb viii and it is equaly good compared to ians fifo..
20191024_200935.jpg

Hi,
do you have any recomendations for an IV stage that does not use opamps ? I dont want to use tubes, so discrete IV on jfet basis would be a try, but sen and cen use the old toshiba bl transistors, that i cant source any more. Is there a newer discrete IV approach with parts, that can be bought today ? SMD would be nice, i can solder it and etch/cnc mill.

Last edited:
Hi,
do you have any recomendations for an IV stage that does not use opamps ? I dont want to use tubes, so discrete IV on jfet basis would be a try, but sen and cen use the old toshiba bl transistors, that i cant source any more. Is there a newer discrete IV approach with parts, that can be bought today ? SMD would be nice, i can solder it and etch/cnc mill.

Hi,
The diyaudio store is offering matched sets of the lsk170. Not sure if they are as good as the toshibas but might be worth a try.

Linear Systems Matched JFETs – diyAudio Store

Patrick published a BJT version of Cen I/V, with BC550/BC560 but as I've now noticed it's for 9018.
Another option is a D1 with mosfets, I'll find the schematic if you are interested

It were nice if someone shared other schematics for tda1541a discrete iv...
I only can share that i built the ddnf iv and it sounds good. Just search on diyaudio, there is a thread about it..

Here is the link : D1 for TDA1541 thread (the schematic can be found there)
I've done a comparison for another DAC (ESS 9018 and 9028) between mosfet, BJT and Jfet stages and I prefer the mosfet one but they are close. It's apples and oranges so it's better as ryanj decided to have it without the output stage.
I think the link inside that thread that points to the schematic is broken...

I think the link inside that thread that points to the schematic is broken...

Works for me but anyway ZenMod posted an updated one (the original had a capacitor reversed) with voltages / currents, here it is. It's a general one, I haven't seen one specific for TDA1541 and some diyers stated that it works as it is.

Attachments

• d1_updated.jpg
    d1_updated.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 367