DIY Sony VFET lottery discussion

This is a HUGE gift to the community and and excellent initiative for 2 good causes.
And, again, an interesting original Papa project that sounds fun.

Many thanks to the "entire team of usual suspects" for this fabulous new adventure - you are great and one can never thank you enough for your kindness and time.

Good luck to all happy DIYer entering the lottery

Happy Easter to all music lovers

Claude

I am practicing in my head of how I a going to explain to my wife that I need another power amp, a very special amp. It make perfect sense to all of us but I am sure it will sounds insane to my wife. I don't even have a set of appropriate speakers for this beautiful amplifier. So now I need the VFET amp and speakers.
I guess I'll eave work 2 hours early to place a bid and let fate decide whether or not I shall have the amp and a lot of explaining to do.

Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I guess I'll eave work 2 hours early to place a bid and let fate decide whether or not I shall have the amp and a lot of explaining to do.

If you have a phone with internet, log in now so your browser saves your login cookies (they last 1 year) and you don't have to futz with your password.

Then:

1. Set an alarm for the right time
2. When the time comes, go to diyaudio.com/vfet
3. Type a word into the quick reply area, press 'post quick reply'

Will part 2 appear before the lottery for those who don't know if they want the P or the N version?

No.

Last edited:
I am practicing in my head of how I a going to explain to my wife that I need another power amp, a very special amp. It make perfect sense to all of us but I am sure it will sounds insane to my wife. I don't even have a set of appropriate speakers for this beautiful amplifier. So now I need the VFET amp and speakers.

I've run ACAs into LX-minis, Frugel-Horns and Focal Micro-Utopias. So for the sake of your marriage I think you can safely postpone the new speakers, for a while anyway.

Shouldn't this be called VFET part 3? So confusing.

I had a similar thought. But in fairness, see picture

Thanks everyone :)

Attachments

• 20210403_155257.jpg
    20210403_155257.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 615
Joined 2016
Paid Member
This is an incredibly generous offer that includes a donation to worthy charities. Everyone who can should just put their hat in the ring and hope for the best. For those who “never win anything”... neither did I until I entered to win a pair of SemiSouth JFets donated by CodyT, with an equally matched generous offer from Papa to give pairs to the others that entered. Life in itself is a lottery. Let’s all collectively anticipate the best and be happy for anyone who wins an opportunity to own one of these projects! :cheers: