DIY progress report

Thanks, that's some comfort.
Now tell me how to get the drool out of my keyboard.

Attachments

• wooden-hole.jpg
    wooden-hole.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 709
I don't know about Audio Express, but there's usually at least a five month lag between when Analog buys a story and when it finally sees print. Sometimes longer, depending on what length of story they need to fill this or that blank spot in the magazine. They refer to the stories on hand as inventory, just as you would anything else, and sometimes they get 'overstocked' and things get pushed back...waaaaay back.

Grey

Hey Carpenter,

I figure the off topic is a bit more welcome here. So, my line arrays are 7'6" X 13" X 21" 3/4" MDF all around. 12 6.5" Axon 6s1 woofers with a single Raven 2 in the center. I guess they are a semi-line array, but they are pretty amazing. I've never heard anything that do dynamic swings they do. Unfortunately I don't know how long they will be with me. I have an MTM with 2 PHL 1240's and the Raven 2 stolen from the lines. They simply sound better. The dynamics are not the same, but all the tones seem much closer to the truth. The joy of DIY is finding what will sound better.

F-4 driving high sensitivity PHL Raven MTM is pretty sweet. :)

Did I remember reading that the F6 will be a 100 watt pair of monoblocks? I seem to remember a post to that effect, but darn if I can find it. It's been a couple of years since I have built an amp. I am still enjoying the Aleph X100, Aleph 5 and Aleph P I built back in 2004 and 2005. In another year or two I should be ready for another amp. Maybe even buy a commercial F6. It's good to be back.

DaveM said:
Hey Carpenter,

I figure the off topic is a bit more welcome here. So, my line arrays are 7'6" X 13" X 21" 3/4" MDF all around. 12 6.5" Axon 6s1 woofers with a single Raven 2 in the center. I guess they are a semi-line array, but they are pretty amazing. I've never heard anything that do dynamic swings they do. Unfortunately I don't know how long they will be with me. I have an MTM with 2 PHL 1240's and the Raven 2 stolen from the lines. They simply sound better. The dynamics are not the same, but all the tones seem much closer to the truth. The joy of DIY is finding what will sound better.

F-4 driving high sensitivity PHL Raven MTM is pretty sweet. :)

I haven't fabricated a line array, though I've often considered the possibility. Do you think it's worth its salt below 500hz. I could place my paper-mache horn in the center of the stack...

For me, the joy of DIY is having the where-with-all to engage and create something wonderful--anything sounds better than nothing...yes? :D ;) :D