DIY full range speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is less or more ?

Calling the 10F a 4” is really pushing it.

dave

And something else ? What the difference between coaxial driver and full range ? I know that coaxial has to driver in one unit (one tweeter and one mid woofer in one speaker ) .
Is the coaxial unit also easy to use as the full range without requiring custom crossover ?

Last edited:
Could this Cabinet design work with the prestige line ?
Or i have to use this speaker only ?

I guess the easy answer is no because seas did measurements to conclude to this cabinet design . But it would be interesting if you use the seas exotic cabinet design with perstige full range speaker

The cabinet is the point of interest . See the application note .

For simple and easy you could also consider the fame 12-250. If you look in the thread, Steve Creswell showed a nice closed box for that, which he reviewed favorably. Definitely piqued my curiosity. I am a happy 10p Pensil and small reflex box user, so those come strongly recommended.

What stuffing did you use inside your 10p and did you use any cabinet coating inside like Acry-Tech Acoust-x?

For simple and easy you could also consider the fame 12-250. If you look in the thread, Steve Creswell showed a nice closed box for that, which he reviewed favorably. Definitely piqued my curiosity. I am a happy 10p Pensil and small reflex box user, so those come strongly recommended.

Am I missing something here? If you are getting a cabinet maker to do the cabinets for you, why the need tor them to be simple? I assume the cabinet maker is a professional so whatever plans you give to him should not be a challenge. Why not use their capacity to your advantage and go for the best enclosure, as complicated it might be?

I will go to a wood worker . No speaker cabinet wood worker .

The wood workers near my place are mostly cutting wood for furniture . So i a afraid that they will not understand perfectly a speaker application design and also apply the ports for cables and also dumping coating .

Am I missing something here? If you are getting a cabinet maker to do the cabinets for you, why the need tor them to be simple? I assume the cabinet maker is a professional so whatever plans you give to him should not be a challenge. Why not use their capacity to your advantage and go for the best enclosure, as complicated it might be?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Damping and wiring are something you should be doing. It is worth noting that some boxes need the damping installed before the last side goes on, others you can just do it thru the driver hole.

If you want simple, as i said earlier, 50-60 litre sealed box with SEAS FA22. Almost any shape. Choose a shape you like.

dave

Every time i loose hope .. You came and save the day . What about coating the inside of a speaker with acoust-x instead of stuffing ?

Damping and wiring are something you should be doing. It is worth noting that some boxes need the damping installed before the last side goes on, others you can just do it thru the driver hole.

If you want simple, as i said earlier, 50-60 litre sealed box with SEAS FA22. Almost any shape. Choose a shape you like.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.