DIY Audio Analyzer with AK5397/AK5394A and AK4490

That's too bad.

A windows laptop would probably be the easiest unless you take the RTX to a friend's with a windows computer.

-Chris

I just think it's wrong to limit the performance of the RTX6001 by the availability of a given computer operating system (especially if it is proprietary and not free). There were some mentions of using Python to upgrade the firmware on the RTX. Did anyone follow up on this?

I just think it's wrong to limit the performance of the RTX6001 by the availability of a given computer operating system (especially if it is proprietary and not free). There were some mentions of using Python to upgrade the firmware on the RTX. Did anyone follow up on this?

It is basically free for this purpose. You don't need an activated copy to run the firmware update.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi soogsc,
I guess it's down to checking your work.. Look for correct positions of the wire and shorts between pads. I would remove all the flux in order to see the board clearly. A magnifying glass wouldn't hurt either.

Good hunting, I hope you find it easily.

-Chris

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Please check wires for shorts and/or missing connections.
If you can post a sharp picture of the PCB and the connections, I might be able to help identify the problem.

In what situation do you get overload on the right channel? Is it always in the overload condition, even without an input signal?