Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard and Colin.... both of you good friends... member of close friends list

because of that very good with me.... i am happy of course... a little bit surprised...generosity very big as i could see.

I have made something for forum folks, but everything very natural because i am crazy for electronics, audio in special, and i love to construct.

Those guys made some sacrifice.... electronic parts are very precious for us.

They are a special people i think.

Thank you by the titchio Richard (means uncle.. dearest uncle) a kind way to call someone here in brasil...you know that.

Yesterday i could have a chat with Hugh... and he said that you, Colin, is one of those folks that are special in intelligence, the most fastest man he ever know doing boards in such a fast and clean way you do.

Hugh is funny speaking with stranger accents.... he can speak alike a french man and Russian man.... you will fell down from your chair...he can make the "Inspector Clouseau" from the movie Pink Panter perfectly (Peter Sellers).... also he can talk alike the Russian guy into the movie "The Terminal - Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta Jones"... it is wonderfull to chat with him... you laugh a lot.

It is excelent to have special friends.... Richard Tea is very clever..have good mood... and you are a genius Collin.... pictures of your son are welcome, also amplifiers, yourself and those nice things.

regards,

Carlos

Thank you Rabbitz... i am constructing the HRII

But.... very hot here... i will stop and return latter.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• almost done!.jpg
    almost done!.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 713
Uncle Charlie:
:hohoho: I see you got Santa´s teaser package... I am really happy for you.

Santa was counting on me to have all goods delivered before Xmas, but being such a lazy bastard I just managed to send you a partial shippment. I already got a call from North Pole... it seems I must provide an explanation soon... :whip:

You will be contacted after December 28 by another Santa´s helper (yes - I have already been "replaced like a bad cap") that is heading your way with the "rest of the stuff". Instructions were given to ring your cell first. It will be worth the wait.

Please keep up the good work. We are all in debt to you for sharing so much of your time and knowledge (resulting from all testing/research you have done). :worship:

I wish you safe Holidays with your family and friends.

Cheers,

Duda

Excelent Duda!..... just perfect!...i will be waiting.

I am already using the parts Nordic sent, and the resistances you provided too.... the multimeter (VOM) is nice.... has a back lamp that goes on and off slowly..has a nice delay when entering and nice decay when the back ligth goes off ...very nice!

Works fine!.... and i like it.... it is here, i can see it from the place i am...the one is smilling to me...hehehehehe.

Nordic sent me good and expensive capacitors...very needed, very usefull Nordic..also a big quantity of BC546....more than 60 i think (have not counted them)... i will buy the complementary BC556 and will use all them...one by one.... i have to count to buy the complementary.... well...matching will be hard...those ones are with 190 of gain (average) and normally those folks are 240..so... will use mismatched.... i have not too much problems with off set... i am not too much neurótic about those things.

I have assembled my HRII, but will buy some condensers to the supply board Nordic sent me... the board deserves something nice..something more shinny.

Thank you both.... very much.

regards,

Carlos:hohoho:

Enlarge your entrance... Santa Claus is more fat this year...ohohohahahaaaah!

Man!..... carefull with your gifts Duda!.... my old heart cannot face those emotions

I was so excited with the last package that i could not sleep... all nigth long watching those things...was lovely...nice gifts.

And i am using them...now building boards RAJ sent me, from Bora designs, the Techno, Clepsidra and DogcMK3.

Hey Duda, not Nordic, because Duda family is in Brasil and i do not have to pay mail taxes.... to give something to dear nephew Nordic (something i want to make, and soon) i will have to find a short cut.

Duda.... i do not need stereo... i like to listen, to test and to compare..so..one channel is enougth...do you want one channel of those amplifiers?.... one channel of each one of them i mean, i can give them to your sister.... i would be happy to give those boards to you or to Nordic.

I will keep with me one board each model... this is enougth to my real use... i will not construct one stereo of each amplifier i have... just one channel of each one.

regards,

Carlos

A friend offered the HRII, version to 55V schematic and BOM for us

I have received so many mails those last days (more than 200) that made me confused....i think was Todd that have sent me...but not sure anymore.

I am needing a smaller PDF for the schematic...the one i have received is 192K...too much big for our forum...the limit is 100K here.

The BOM has perfect size and will post.... also will post, here, the schematic, but converted to GIF have lost quality.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• hrii-55v.gif
    hrii-55v.gif
    94.6 KB · Views: 541
Also i lost track with a nice swedish guy... Nicolas or something.

I think was Nikwall....

too much mails and too much wine..ahahahah.... i have made a lot of mistakes.

Hic!

Cheers!

regards,

Carlos

....................................................................................................

Here is the Bill of material:

DX HRII/55v parts list (for one channel)
© 2007 Carlos Mergulhão
Transistors:
Device # Qty Value Notes
Q1,Q2 2 2N5401 or BC556 (or Toshiba 2SA970)
Q3,Q4,Q5 3 2N5551 or BC546
Q6 1 2SC3423 or 2SC4793 (Toshiba)
Q7 1 BD139
Q8,Q10 2 2SC4793 (Toshiba)
Q9,Q11 2 2SA1819 (Toshiba)
Q12,Q13,Q14 3 2SC5200 (Toshiba) (or Sanken 2SC2922)
Q15,Q16,Q17 3 2SA1943 (Toshiba) (or Sanken 2SA1216)

Capacitors:
Device # Qty Value Type Notes
C1 1 4.7uF+ Film or Audio Electrolytic can be higher value
C2 1 220pF Mica or Polystyrene
C3,5 2 330uf/63v Electrolytic
C4,6,8,11,16,18,19,23,24,26 9 .1uF Film aka 100nF
C7 1 .0022uF Mica or Polystyrene aka 2.2nF and 2200pF
C9 1 1000uF/63v Electrolytic
C10 1 .0047uF Mica or Polystyrene aka 4.5nF and 4700pF
C12,15 2 47uF/63v Electrolytic
C13 1 10pF Mica or Polystyrene
C14 1 27pF Mica or Polystyrene
C17,20 2 220uF Electrolytic
C21 1 .22uF Film aka 220nF
C22,25 2 3300uf+/63v Electrolytic

Resistors: (all are .25W metal film, except where noted)
Device # Qty Value Power Notes
R1,22 2 180R
R2,12 2 12K
R3 1 10R
R4 2 3k9
R5 1 4K7
R6,7 2 100R
R8,9 2 47R
R10 1 820R
R13 1 1K2
R14 1 1K6
R15 1 3K3
R16,19 2 470R
R17 1 2K2
R18 1 270R
R20,21 2 1K8
R23,24,25,26,27,28 6 2R2
R29,30,31,32,33,34 6 0R47 5W Non-inductive if possible, or thick film
R35 1 10R 1W Non-inductive if possible
R36 1 22R 5W Non-inductive if possible, or thick film

Miscellaneous:
Device # Qty Value Notes
P1 1 4K7 Trimpot
P2 1 1K Trimpot
Z1 1 12v 0.5W
Z2,3,4,5 4 26v 0.5W
L1 1 5 to 10uH 50 turns, 2 layers, .5 to 1mm solid insulated wire
Rail Fuses 2 5A to 8 ohms

regards,

Carlos

As usual, Dx crew personnel is handsome.

Observe Todd.... good shape, nice blue jeans, nice hair colour, nice eyes.

Dx sounds pretty and attract pretty folks....lock your girls inside home because Dx people is free to hunt!

Dx amplifier people are not faceless.... only some exceptions that knows they are too much pretty to show themselves here, because will create envy.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• todd.jpg
    todd.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 487

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Oh brother. That's my butt-double actually. He works cheap, but he's hard to get when it's snowing. His wife makes him shovel the driveway.

Anyway, here's the a link to the originals, so no reduction is required.

http://members.shaw.ca/toddj/DX-HRII-55v/DXHRII-schematic-todd2.pdf

http://members.shaw.ca/toddj/DX-HRII-55v/DX HRII BoM.doc

Please note: I know more about drawing straight lines than I do about building amplifiers, so if you see something suspicious or in need of modification. Please let me know. I'm also working on a PCB layout for this 55v version.

Now I have to go shovel the driveway before she-who-must-be-obeyed gets home.

..Todd

She who must be obbeyed is the same in all countries

They change the hair colour, those charming women can be into different countries, those beauties can have different languages and cultures, but their behavior, to put us to work..this works the same everywhere.

Brazilian native people, our indians, they have different behavior... they hunt only..and wife works hard all day long.

ahahahaha.

regards,

Carlos

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Nordic said:
CARLOSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I just spent 13 hours reading this emotional roller coaster of a thread, from the beginning, trying to find where the HR and HRII was born. But I've since forgotten about that goal. It's time to sleep again now-- I've only progressed from Feb. 07 to May 07. I can't wait to return to this story to see what happens next to the characters involved. Amazing reading!

..Todd

I am happy you have made that... i hope you have enjoyed all the ups and downs

Was an interesting thing to make... some problems faced...a nice adventure.

I also do not believe superstitions, for sure the cause bad luck..i will knock my fingers into the wood three times...just because i remembered that.

There's say into the Spanish speaking countries:

- "you no creo en bruxas, pero que las hay, las hay".

I do not believe into bewitches, but if they exist, for sure they exist.

If you have a wife, she made magic with you, made you think she was the only women in earth, you have married with her and cannot see, touch or anything related other women...is that magic or not?

regards,

Carlos

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
I'm curious Carlos, a beginner question... (no joke this time, for a change.)

The output coil and resistor for HRII are about double the typical values we see in many DIY amplifiers. 22R resistor and it looks to me like about 8uH coil judging from a very rough calculation of the turns. How did you decide on these values? Theory?

Thanks!

..Todd

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Hey Carlos,

Your English really is getting excellent. You are inventing very good new slang English words: "Informs". Short version of "informational information". Short, sweet and obvious meaning. Very efficient.

It reminds me of "Meds" short for medications or medicine. Informs (the noun); coming to a dictionary near you.

Excellent work. :yes: :cheers:

DX Corporation: The Language of Amplifiers.

..Todd (marketing dept.)

Status
Not open for further replies.