Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NPN one, more modern one, more matched one.

See the gain measured.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• the npn, lower gain.jpg
    the npn, lower gain.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,641
What i have concluded listening...you fast perceive things..using same musics

Sound still absoluttelly the same...the same sonics....no advantage...the opposite...if you put your finger in the input..even the power unit beeing plugged into my sistem... having ground and sligtly reduced sensitivity..i could capture noises from Medical instruments i have 200 feet long.

No need to adjust bias, not need to re-adjust off set.

The amplifier sounded the same...and this time, all transistors used are high speed...since the first ones to the output ones.

The VAS used is 2SC4793

..................................................................................................

This was made to show you...as i already know those things, because even not beeing too much intelligent..but having 46 years doing those things...i had that knowledge in the real practice world.

You can use other transistors than the ones suggested by any schematic....and do not spect to have too much disadvantages if you could find a good gain replacement ones (differential and VAS)...if you could find a good one related the power dissipation needs...if you could find someone that can work under the voltage (DC and AC) you will need...well.... substituting with some criteria..with some care of course.

No magic transistors people!....no Celestial junctions....they all track the audio and transfer current to the next stage.w

You have your junk box...try to imagine how many amplifier can come from those dusty parts?.... just block those ideas that transistor have to be "that one!"

I still prefer those TIP41 and TIP42...they do not picked Radio frequencies...they do not turn hot alike those plastic ones that have not a good heat transference to the air (no guys!..they are not oscilating...i have checked guys)... and they are cheap.

regards,

Carlos

The boards construction are delayed..as i cannot stop to change things to test

This test was done for you...those ones use to read those things i use to write here...thank you by your attention.

I have to construct circuits for friends...i told them 10 days...hehe...in a matter of 5 all them will have a good surprise.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• delayed about friends orders.jpg
    delayed about friends orders.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,708
I am more advanced related what the images show

But i am still waiting for transformers, heatsinks, condensers, output units and many other things.

They will construct the case and realise the internal construction.

I will use my supply and transistors only to test and adjust.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• preparing more boards.jpg
    preparing more boards.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,777
Re: The boards construction are delayed..as i cannot stop to change things to test

destroyer X said:

This test was done for you...those ones use to read those things i use to write here...thank you by your attention.
I have to construct circuits for friends...i told them 10 days...hehe...in a matter of 5 all them will have a good surprise.
regards,Carlos

That 2SA1216 Heatsink reminds a bit of lineup homemade sinks

See attachment!

to the left .... 1 mm Aluminium for one TO220
the big one .... 2 mm Aluminium for TO3, as can be seen
.... or higher power TO220

Regards, lineup

Attachments

• 628_1b-640x480-80.jpg
    628_1b-640x480-80.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,640
Those beloved Sanken came to me inside a burned Pioneer amplifiers

I bougth it near my home...something alike "garage sale" we have here

I do not remember very well, but i think 6 or 8 of those beauties were inside the case.

One was burned and i have destroyed another one because the metal contact, under the transistor, were warped...alike a bowl, not flat having a good metal to metal contact...this way dissipation turn bad and the unit gone...sadly gone!

Now a days i use to sand them over a flat surface, alike a glass plate...using black sandpapper from Norton, grain 500 waterproof sandpaper, that one to use with watter....during the sand work you see clearly that behind those transistors are not flat...or....they turn warped with the use, heat, time and mechanic tensions because screws very tigth and close one related the other.

I do not think those ones i got are fake...they seemed to me that were never soldered...solder was the factory one...and the Pioneer enclosure screws told me, because of noise when opening, that they were never opened....so..unless Pioneer was using fake ones, those ones must be real Sanken ones....

this PNP one was making a pair that was holding a higher voltage to the output...class H amplifier i think...hardly burned and melted inside...i did not tried to fix it...smelling too much...boards with holes in the middle, burned because shorts that had fire too.

Almost undestructible those transistors..hard to kill wonder those transistors...Jacco Vermeullen has many of them...i think he use to kiss them everyday...ahahahahaha

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• beloved ones.jpg
    beloved ones.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,212
Re: Those beloved Sanken came to me inside a burned Pioneer amplifiers

destroyer X said:

2SA1216 and 2SC2922
Almost undestructible those transistors..hard to kill wonder those transistors...Jacco Vermeullen has many of them...i think he use to kiss them everyday...ahahahahaha

regards, Carlos

One DIY-audio member sells those SANKEN Audio Power transistors

They are extremely good, in all ways
- can take much power
- are very fast, in relation to power handled
- and take much heat!

What question I have Carlos is:
how to find suitable heat insulators bricks... :confused: :confused:
TO-3 or TO-247 will be way to small!

Fair and correct Prices, I think
at:
High POWER SANKEN Audio devices!
.... he even sells Complementary Matched Pairs!

Lineup Audio Lab

I hope the guy that is selling keep at least a dozen to himself.

Those ones will be something alike 2N3055...they will be alive in our minds for many years.

I use to construct mine ones with thermicall tissue...that rubber material...also you can use two thin insulators, the ones you use with 2SC5200...joined in the center and cutted with a scissor.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• insulator.jpg
    insulator.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,180
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I use capton as insulation

BTW drivers fore those MJL21193/94 I have used in my present and exstremely rugged yet fine sounding amp is MJE15030/31

It seems that ELFA dont have them any more, at least I cant find them again

Carlos, I think if I start building your amp, I better follow your instructions
Allthough I do also have two pair of those Sanken
Oh yes, some BD139/140 with gold legs, if useable

tinitus said:
I use capton as insulation

BTW drivers I have used in my present and exstremely rugged yet fine sounding amp is MJE15030/31

It seems that ELFA dont have them any more, at least I cant find them again

elfa has got them alright:

•• Transistorer
••• Effekttransistorer
Power transistors
TO-220
MJE15030/31 by OnSemi
Pris: if you buy 25, ..... 8.87/styck

http://www.elfa.se/dk/
;)

lineup

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I would like that...hear a "strad" :) sounds like I will have to build it, and there will be more tricks to come, I am sure

The trick with paralel trafo rails after smoothing sounds interesting - I might try that

I have 25 pieces of IR 8ETH06 8A Switch diodes - should do the trick, with low output

And you may shake your head now - but I plan to have only 220uf BG on each diode :devilr:

Furthermore I have 4 x 47uf BG and 4 x 22uf BG and 4 x NQ 0.1uf - could there be a place for them too

Well, I think it sounds like real fun - problem is I am so slow I often change my mind before I get started

There are many options to construct...and the better one is to watch them all and

decide something to distant future....There are hundreds of good schematics to construct..better to stay for some time evaluating them all.

In my point of view, if someone has doubts...better not to start to do things...as may stop in the middle, or at least, will never trust.

You may ask yourself all day long...all time long....was this the best option.

When people have those analitic brains..better to simulate things and not to construct.

Construction is something adequated to the ones loves to listen different sounds...loves to compare..those ones normally do not think too much before the amplifier are ready to listen..They know in advance that some hard work and sweat will be needed to really "Know" if the unit is good enougth or not..... reason why many of them, use to follow those R10....R12....Q1.... this is all made not to think..to work as an Robot....if you go thinking, you may have the schematic inside your brain, coloured and in good image in front of you when you call that memory, parts values inside your brain and nothing is needed to follow..just your memory image.

When those guys, the more indicated ones to construct things, finished their construction...so... and then.....they start to really use their brains to avoid be fooled by themselves..and this is what usually happens with everybody....if the amplifier is famous...if is from Leach..it is good..and people go believing and never compare with nothing else to check, they do not evaluate.

Brands beeing famous...amplifier may be good...equipment having power...may be good....beeing pretty, for sure will be good...this is something we have pre-programed, and those "beliefs"..will certainly help you to fool yourself.

Construction is something easy, automatic and just hard work.

People that have doubts will need God personally to come to say that the amplifier is guaranteed...but God has more important things to do, for sure he will not come.

I do not suggest you to listen to a Stradivárius...as you may have doubts if that one is original or not...ahahahahhaa

BTW...i have here....23 kilometers from here...an old guys that construct "original" Stradivárius.... and many important people that were using that violin...thinking they were original, concluded after that knowledge that they are fake...that they sounded bad...reason why they always had something strange perceived.... knowing that was fake...turns bad...but before that they show proudly their Stradivarius to their musicien community.

To be more clear...when discovered that their violines were fake..imediatelly they started to perceive them as bad sounding instruments...but years using them and loving deeply that sound...because thinking not fake...when fake....turns bad!...so...good and bad are decisions your take..fooling yourself all time long.

regards,

Carlos

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Carlos, you may be right, but in reallity you only create something when you do it diffenrently than usually done .... else only repeating, and maybe even the mistakes

I can tell you, we may be very alike in thinking

My present amp is designed by a skilled guy near by
It should, with a single output pair deliver 100watt
Well, I thought I would do it different and exsplore if it was possible to do better

So I lowered rail voltage(30Vdc), and what would that be.... effektively about 30watt, max
But actually it does take full throttle

I have liked huge capacitors, so I thought I would try relative small, but still huge trafo
And it really works
And furthermore it has driven a speaker with 2ohm load, without running the least warm
We also tried it in 1ohm load, and then it got pretty hot

Funny part is, my friend mentioned he had never heard his speakers going that low with such power
And what really surprised me, was that it maintained its soft and nice character and stayed very musical

I do have a pair of really nice handmade 2kw trafos, but now I really dont know if I bother using them, thats the problem
Because now I know it will never play as nice as a smaller one

So now I am tempted to find out how small it goes - and as you might say, it might eventually get too small - only one way to learn
Or else build the speakers to match :)

Join the brotherhood Tinitus...you are really alike i am.

Can you please send me your friend's schematic...to give a look at it?

Having not a pretty one..send me a sketch...or use the WEB cam...a scanner, a digital photo machine (in macro function) or make it using the Paint program.....and....if you are lazy...ahahaha
forget that you are lazy when doing this to me...when finished you can remember that you were lazy in the past.

nanabrother@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.