DB Drive 1200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I check the LM361 pin 3 did not match voltage after R157 -7.2V . I put a little pressure with the probe on pin 3 and the voltage came to -7.2V triangle wave form. I guess cold solder, because I had changed out the LM361 with another .

PS. previously LM361 pin 3 had +4.79V.

Last edited:
On LM361 pin 3 after 4-5mins. amp on, triangle wave form came back still -7.2V no rca's in. When I put in rca's LM361 pin 3 triangle wave form bounce's around a little bit, and pin 4 as well -0.77 with triangle wave form no rca's in , rca's in triangle wave form bounce's around a little bit. Pin 9 wants to make a square wave, but goes back to flat line, if I higher up the rca signal square wave stays on but looks ugly (+1.5V no rca's) , pin 11 just stays flat line +2.2V with rca's and with no rca's.

Last edited:
Make sure that the legs on the crystal are not broken. If there is any flux or other contamination around the crystal, clean it thoroughly.

The crystal is very sensitive to loading. The load presented by the scope probe can stop it from oscillating (when it's working properly). When you need to see if it's oscillating, probe the pins on the 16 pin IC next to it.

If pin 9 has a square wave and pin 11 does not, the LM361 is very likely defective. It's possible that they have it disabled but I've never seen an amp with this basic design with one output disabled. With the voltages you posted, it doesn't look like either output is supposed to be disabled.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.