DB Drive 1200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you zoom in, you can see all pin connections clearly. The Datasheet (either download or in the semiconductor datasheets folder under LM161) shows the internal schematic for the IC.

The 14060 takes the crystal frequency and divides it, If the 14060 has a clean square wave on pin 5, it's working. The various waveforms for a similar amp are on the Generic Class D - Type 1 page. Where there are waveforms, you can right-click to zoom in to see them. Have you read through that page?

Yes I see the diagram on the dvd , but on the borad the traces do not match up to anything. I see pin 9 on the diagram through 2.2 resistor and drives 3 transistors. The closest pin I jumped from LM361 pin 9 to a cap 104 C191 , and now the voltage regulators are burning up and a transistor Q182 on the board with LM361 gets super hot in seconds ( it is not shorted). Undid the jumper and still regulators and close transistor to LM361 get super hot. For the life of me I can not find the trace for LM361 pin 9 , but now to deal with the short I have now.

Last edited:
Ok changed out the bad caps, and ever things good no more heating up. Powered up amp and no square wave on the F16 MC14060 Pin 5 changed out MC14060 and still nothing ? Could it be the crystal ? It does not look damaged , looks good . ICs don't do anything no waveforms at all MC14060 , LM361 , TL072. I still have +12V and -12V on IC's though.

The jumper between pins 1 and 2 is there to prevent the output of the TL072 from swinging toward the power supply rail (which would make the signals on the input of the LM361) have too much DC. You can remove it.

The crystal could be defective but the only tine I've seen one defective was when it had a broken leg. The crystal relies on 2 small capacitors connected to it. Is either one damaged or missing?

Ok I remove one of the output driver boards that I installed a quick disconnect on and still no square waveform on LM361 pin 11. Undid the trace going to the other output driver board that is still soldered in place, from the LM361 pin 11 still no square waveform . LM361 pin 9 has square waveform , pin 11 is just sitting at -.655 whats going on ?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.