Dartzeel amp schematic - build this?

buddy, you never saw nor heard the original 108

I reluctantly agree :). Dynamics and bass are not its forte, but then how many amps that you know combine all the goodies successfully? It is always a question of compromise. Have lived long term with several "superamps": Jeff Rowlands, Krells, MLs. Each of them excelled in some ares and failed miserably in others.

For my taste the 108 offers a pretty sweet combination of qualities, especially for what it takes to build. It's weakest side is working into low impedance. Perhaps multiple parallel outputs alleviate this to some degree.

what you got was a (not anymore) cheap Chinese clone that only has chassis that resemble 108 and nothing else

buddy, go to the post #290

Where? Just surprised 6moons are now into measuring stuff :)

I have measured the entire frequency range and not some isolated point. No peaking anywhere. Ok, it is not a Chinese clone but i don't see how theirs would measure any different if following the same circuit and using genuine semis. Cannot post a curve as i lack the equipment for automatic curve drawing at frequencies above 150kHz and don't see much point doing it by hand. Next time i bring the amp to the bench will test up to 1MHz out of curiosity.

go to the post #290 and click on the link. Here are the instuctions:

1. Position your mouse over the link.

2. Click (but not with the right button, click with the LEFT button)

3. When you click, the browser will take you to.....6moons site devoted to dartZeel 108. Wow. very simple

I reluctantly agree :). Dynamics and bass are not its forte, but then how many amps that you know combine all the goodies successfully? It is always a question of compromise. Have lived long term with several "superamps": Jeff Rowlands, Krells, MLs. Each of them excelled in some ares and failed miserably in others.

For my taste the 108 offers a pretty sweet combination of qualities, especially for what it takes to build. It's weakest side is working into low impedance. Perhaps multiple parallel outputs alleviate this to some degree.

True, he can improve a lot with these interventions, but it's a complicated job:
the scheme can be worth the job

Attachments

• little.jpg
    little.jpg
    759.1 KB · Views: 986
China is a factory

Yet, i only see handwaving, peppered with insults and amusing redneck humor but still no link to either measurements or "curve". You really believe 6moons measure?

Besides there is nothing Chinese about my clone. Never ever crossed my mind to buy audio from China.

China is at least factory, probably 20 to 50 workers, maybe even more. But neither China nor you produced anything that resemble 108.
If anybody wants to produce real 108, he should read 6moons article, there is schematics provided by 108 author that he patented and the description of the design in detail

I have to design a new board anyway. Not a big deal. Did you match the outputs or just relied on the factory 10% matching?

the translation didn't come to me much.
we have kept the Chinese card
- removed Q 1, 2, 3, 4 and replaced with those chips
- changed all the drivers Q 9, 10, 11, 12 with identical BJT the end
- correctly polarize the 4 pairs
- emitter resistance for each final
- LM 317 and 337 for the 15 VCC of the entrance, much better than the absurd zener
- stabilized the VCC driver and second stage voltage, all at 60 VDC
- select the various final pairs, better to buy whole sticks
- important, I think, the various fast recovery diodes to separate the same supply line between driver, second stage and input, even if the input has a further stabilization
very interesting result, ALWAYS considering that you work with an - open loop - that most of the time fails to give for some performances
The rest is level

Not the original circuit as per 6moons (6moons interviewed the Dartzeel founder and patent holder)

all correct as you write, but then the DIY is no longer fun
consider that we ALWAYS start from a known scheme, it is not worthwhile to - invent - a scheme
I am also convinced that commercial electronics can be vastly improved
we are now making a revisitation of Goldmund, Norma and Spectral with these new (phenomenal!) dual chips, but, damn it, they are 2mm x 2mm, like size and, trying them flying, it's not easy

Yet another DarTzeel PCB

Hi!
Some time ago I bought a couple of the PCBs shown here earlier, from eBay possibly.

DarTzeel_NHB-108_PCB_1.jpg

I also bought the servo board. Then nothing happend for a while, since other project took my time.
Recently I discovered a new (to me) PCB on Taobao where the servo was included on-board, togehter with 3 output pairs.

DartZeel_module.jpg

So now I have ordered a new pair of PCBs and may give it a try. If anyone is interested in my old set of boards including the servos, I will send them for free.

Cheers,
Morten

Hi,

Here I am having lots of fun with my friends. I shared PCBs that I designed with them, fairly good DartZeel design.

Just finished the soldering work, and preparing to make them sing!

Attachments

• DZ1.jpg
    DZ1.jpg
    992.7 KB · Views: 1,012
  • 59497825_2240192032910778_1547867876600315904_o.jpg
    59497825_2240192032910778_1547867876600315904_o.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 984
  • 62302528_2794263277257154_2513759635823919104_n.jpg
    62302528_2794263277257154_2513759635823919104_n.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,016